Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So: where are you going be watching England vs Sweden?

editor

hiraethified
I'll probably be in the Albert Brixton for the second half, first half at home.

Where are you going to be?!

Local pub out in the sticks. (the Oak Tree)
oak-tree.jpg

Yeh. Not a bad idea watching it at home really. Even the 5pm kickoff last week was a total mess in every pub around where I work. The mind boggles at what'll it be like with a Friday night, 7.45pm kickoff.

Was the Albert rammed last time?

In a meadow in Buckinghamshire (as below)!

Not so much watching as catching up via people in the dressing room (well tent) following it on mobiles. Mr.QofG's may listen to the second half on the car radio as he has quite a long break before he leads the army that routs Macbeth and is made King of Scotland :D

295054_10151029247323980_1653894367_n.jpg

Yeh. Not a bad idea watching it at home really. Even the 5pm kickoff last week was a total mess in every pub around where I work. The mind boggles at what'll it be like with a Friday night, 7.45pm kickoff.

Was the Albert rammed last time?

Not during the first half, but busier in the second half - I guess a lot of people couldn't get out of work early. Even so it wasn't ridiculously busy. I suspect tonight it will be given it's Friday and the kick off time. But I will be watching it there anyway.

After a lot of umming and ahhing, looks like we'll be at the local student union :facepalm: :D

We are assured by those who were there for the France match that there were very few students around and it was actually pretty quiet generally, plus of course, SU prices!

Ed, ffs, he's taking the piss. He's not saying that you will be in a pub called the hand in hand, he's saying that you will be holding hands with another brixtonite whilst watching the football in the Albert. Let it go, it's just sillyness.

Although LC has it well wrong, as Kanda will not be in the Albert.

Watching it the next day on torrent, in my empty school classroom on the big screen with a few Tsingtaos.

I dunno, any pub I can get into in town. Friday evening means the pubs round my way are packed full of braying suits, I'll just have to find somewhere I can see a screen. I've watched all the previous games at home but it just seems wrong watching an England match on a Friday evening at home.

Mr.QofG's may listen to the second half on the car radio as he has quite a long break before he leads the army that routs Macbeth and is made King of Scotland :D

Arrgghh, you've gone and cursed the performance now. Actually does luck work the same way when you merely write something on the internet rather then say it? Hmmm, discuss.

Watching it the next day on torrent, in my empty school classroom on the big screen with a few Tsingtaos.
Home in front of a cosy laptop on me tod :( Could go to one of the many ex-pat bars with a big screen but I'll see less and be surrounded by cunts.

Stash said:
Leyton Orient supporters' club, £2.50 a pint :cool:

Rumours that the bars in Kiev have doubled beer prices. Much moaning from the travelling fans but no less drinking I wager :)

Back
Top Bottom