Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So it begins, ins and outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really pleased we've got Pingling. Hasn't scored (yet) but always feel he's been bright and proactive in every game he's played.

That article is really good, too - fair play to the bloke for turning it around and fighting back.

Really pleased we've got Pingling. Hasn't scored (yet) but always feel he's been bright and proactive in every game he's played.

That article is really good, too - fair play to the bloke for turning it around and fighting back.
Pingu’s little brother?

Unless I'm much mistaken he's the player who scored the comical own goal when we beat Braintree 5-2 in the Trophy replay 6 years ago. Very experienced centre back with a great pedigree though.

Hayrettin's comments suggest it wasn't necessarily in his plans to bring in another centre-back but the opportunity was too good to pass up. Which possibly pushes Binnom-Williams more the the left-back role and puts pay to the trialists we've had in that area?

With 19 players now announced would imagine there's only two or three squad spaces left - expect one will go to the goalkeeper who's been with us all pre-season, and maybe one or two attacking midfield/wide players?

Also, will be interesting to see if the extent of player movements once the season is underway is greater than experienced in the NLS - get the impression there are more season-long contracts at Step 3 level than there were last time we were here.

We have a good squad, maybe doesn't have any pinnocks, akinyemis or cameras but on evidence of the Millwall game consistent throughout and very strong at this level. GK aside, I wonder whether he will sign anyone else but instead wait for someone at e.g. Luton/QPR to come available on loan.

Back 4 looks very strong - plan may be to rotate game by game. Looks like hak will use a front three to tire the opposition out then bring on 1xcm and 2x forwards at 65 mins to take advantage.

Hayrettin's comments suggest it wasn't necessarily in his plans to bring in another centre-back but the opportunity was too good to pass up. Which possibly pushes Binnom-Williams more the the left-back role and puts pay to the trialists we've had in that area?

With 19 players now announced would imagine there's only two or three squad spaces left - expect one will go to the goalkeeper who's been with us all pre-season, and maybe one or two attacking midfield/wide players?

Also, will be interesting to see if the extent of player movements once the season is underway is greater than experienced in the NLS - get the impression there are more season-long contracts at Step 3 level than there were last time we were here.
Yes, Manny Parry has mostly played at Step 1, including that season at Braintree. I recall him playing against us as a youngster for a very good Grays side that included Kenny Beaney, Dumebi Dumaka, Nathan Ferguson, plus Freddie Ladapo who has since had a substantial Football League career.

He was in the Maidstone squad (along with DD) that won the National South play-offs and went to Woking and Maidenhead after Braintree, before dropping back to National South at Welling last season. He's now aged 29 and as big as Chambers and Gyebi, so picking all of them in a back three would give us a massive presence at set pieces.

Constable is suspended for the first 4 matches and the triallist sent off against Erith (looked like Pingling on the video highlights) will get a 3 match ban, plus there must be doubts over Gyebi and Allen after that awful collision at Tooting. Unless another "too good to miss" player comes along I guess the triallist keeper will start the season now, and we may need a side salad or two for the bench.

Most Isthmian Premier clubs have named a squad amounting to 15-20+ players, so I'd imagine most of those players will be under contract. Only Kingstonian (7) and Lewes (8) haven't revealed enough names to make up a full team, although they're obviously fielding teams in friendlies.

Aveley have taken secrecy to the extreme and have been naming entire squads as "triallist" with no names given, including against us, although Jonathan North is clearly their goalkeeper.

Do we know who our trialist keeper is but don't want to (for understandable reasons) name him on the forum?

Can't wait for the season to start. Very much looking forward to a fresh start with a full Hak selected team.

Do we know who our trialist keeper is but don't want to (for understandable reasons) name him on the forum?

Can't wait for the season to start. Very much looking forward to a fresh start with a full Hak selected team.
Rob Avis tagged him in his photos from a recent game so not too difficult to find out who he is.

KEEPERS:
Ravan Constable

DEFENDERS:
Sanchez Ming
Miguel Scarlett
Craig Braham-Barrett
Jerome Binnom-Williams
Michael Chambers
Jerry Gyebi
Manny Parry
Cem Tunkaya

MIDFIELDERS:
Mark Ricketts
Alfie Allen
Ryley Scott
Kreshnic Krasniqi
Ademola Shokunbi

ATTACKERS:
Luke Wanadio
Anthony Jeffrey
RJ Pingling
Elliot Romain
Adrian Clifton
Danny Mills

Missing anyone?

Surprised we've gone for Scarlett. Not that I think he's a bad player - he stood out for Eastbourne when they beat us at home last season, I thought - but we've got a lot of defenders to keep happy now. With centre halves you can perhaps play 3, but with full backs you're always limited to 2.

Maybe he'll push CBB higher up? It's where he played when he was younger and his experience might help us break down any particularly stubborn sides.

Think we're still light in the middle. Ricketts has missed a significant portion of pre-season (which worries me), KK does look fitter this summer but he's got a long way to go to prove that he's not just a walking red card, and depending on Allen's injury he may be out for a while. Given that Lovatt is still knocking around I suspect we'll try to get him on board, but he's green and looks lightweight to me and he certainly isn't cover for Ricketts.

Surprised we've gone for Scarlett. Not that I think he's a bad player - he stood out for Eastbourne when they beat us at home last season, I thought - but we've got a lot of defenders to keep happy now. With centre halves you can perhaps play 3, but with full backs you're always limited to 2.

Maybe he'll push CBB higher up? It's where he played when he was younger and his experience might help us break down any particularly stubborn sides.

Think we're still light in the middle. Ricketts has missed a significant portion of pre-season (which worries me), KK does look fitter this summer but he's got a long way to go to prove that he's not just a walking red card, and depending on Allen's injury he may be out for a while. Given that Lovatt is still knocking around I suspect we'll try to get him on board, but he's green and looks lightweight to me and he certainly isn't cover for Ricketts.
Be happy for him to compete with ming for the rb slot. Otherwise we look very light at rb

We've p p p p picked up a good player in Pingling. Let's hope he has happy feet in front of goal.
“Ping Ling is a wind up critter with a frenetic attitude that embodies the term small but mighty” sounds perfect!

Jack Ruddy's signing finally announced.
I believe he was always going to join but the club was awaiting international clearance before confirming. He's a Glaswegian who emigrated to Spain as a boy after being a junior with Rangers, and has since played for a variety of clubs in Spain, England and Scotland. He was a professional at Wolves without making a first team appearance and played a few Football League matches on loan to Oldham. He has Scotland caps at U19, U20 and U21 levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom