Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We hate Tooting and Mitcham

Tooting have played friendlies on the 3G for a while now. I doubt they are top of the queue amongst pitch maintenance firms and it's probably cheaper to open up. There's never been a serious comment from the club about a permanent move that I'm aware of.

The mood around the club seems quite optimistic. They held last season's deserved CoCo champions to a draw in a friendly. If both teams took it seriously, that's a promising result for them. Their first league game is Jersey away, get a result there and it will suggest a good season looms as them. Farnham and Jersey are favourites. A heavy defeat will suggest they won't bounce straight back, even with two promotion spots this season.

You know you love us really 😀. After the worst season in our history things can only get better - surely. Same for you lot.

Shak has new owners and I’m told they may be open tomorrow 🤞.

Check out the outside bar at the far end of the ground - enjoy the beer and the smell of the Wandle.
I look forward to seeing Tooting and Mitcham take on AFC Croydon Athletic this season.

Cam speak for Tooting but the general vibe around the league is currently very positive. Farnham boosted the recognition level of the league (and with it sponsorship value, potential to drive a support base etc) massively last season through their online stuff (10m views for their link up With The Sidemen.) The hope is this link up will do similar.

To date there's no sign of silly money signings. It appears to be an attempt to build a sustainable community club.

Sounds like the game itself was massively overshadowed by the injuries to Gyebi and Allen. I think Tom mentioned that there were 6 paramedics attending to the two of them.

Hope both are OK.
Hopefully it won't be as serious as it sounds and they'll both make a full and swift recovery. We've been cursed with serious injuries in pre-season in recent years. Kalala last year, Ming was out for 7 months the previous year, and Tajbakhsh never played for us again after doing his acl in 2019.

That was a pretty good game (apart from the injuries). Good to hear a bit of Hamlet vs Tooting singing again, It's been a while!

Yes. The cross came in they clashed heads and they went down immediately. Allen was taken away on a stretcher after 10 minutes and Gyebi followed after another 5 mins led very slowly off the pitch. Let's hope they are both OK.

With regard to the game if was competitive and edgy. Tootings centre half and Romaine had to be separated a few times I have to say that I thought Krasniqi was our best player first half. I have been one of his biggest critics but he looks fitter and was all over the pitch playing well. Good goal by Mills.

Yes. The cross came in they clashed heads and they went down immediately. Allen was taken away on a stretcher after 10 minutes and Gyebi followed after another 5 mins led very slowly off the pitch. Let's hope they are both OK.

With regard to the game if was competitive and edgy. Tootings centre half and Romaine had to be separated a few times I have to say that I thought Krasniqi was our best player first half. I have been one of his biggest critics but he looks fitter and was all over the pitch playing well. Good goal by Mills.
Did he manage to pass to one his own players? That’s usually his weakness

Bring cash if you're heading to the Shak. Their card machine wasn't working earlier.

What a disaster the Shak was last night. Clearly different management from before. They were glacial in service, but somehow contrived to have people standing around. Came hungry to support it, left very hungry and had to just have a bag of crisps instead.

Very much enjoyed the Tooting fan who came into our end towards end of first half. Shouted some lazy tropes about us being hipsters.... while wearing leather shoes and red socks with jeans. Not sure he got the irony.

Then we scored as he started on something else, beautiful timing. Before calling everyone nonces, which the stewards to their credit, took him to one side to say that's not acceptable. He then insulted the steward with something she didn't want to repeat and was thrown out. Highlight of the night...! Not much to choose from mind.

Although, sensible non-league prices at the bar was nice. Lager under £4 I understand. Bottle of Hobgoblin gold for £4 and Guinness under a fiver. Somewhere along the lines, we've lost our moral compass on this at home.

Hak didn't realise it was a derby match, until half hour before the match when we told him! Still said that the result wouldn't matter tonight, and it's all about minutes and trying different formations.

Very much enjoyed the Tooting fan who came into our end towards end of first half. Shouted some lazy tropes about us being hipsters.... while wearing leather shoes and red socks with jeans. Not sure he got the irony.

Then we scored as he started on something else, beautiful timing. Before calling everyone nonces, which the stewards to their credit, took him to one side to say that's not acceptable. He then insulted the steward with something she didn't want to repeat and was thrown out. Highlight of the night...! Not much to choose from mind.

Although, sensible non-league prices at the bar was nice. Lager under £4 I understand. Bottle of Hobgoblin gold for £4 and Guinness under a fiver. Somewhere along the lines, we've lost our moral compass on this at home.

Hak didn't realise it was a derby match, until half hour before the match when we told him! Still said that the result wouldn't matter tonight, and it's all about minutes and trying different formations.
£3.80 for a pint of Wainwright! Any chance we could make an offer for the Tooting bar manager? (Or at least find out who their supplier is)

What a disaster the Shak was last night. Clearly different management from before. They were glacial in service, but somehow contrived to have people standing around. Came hungry to support it, left very hungry and had to just have a bag of crisps instead.

Heartbreaking. 💔

T&M's overwhelming shitness over the last few years must have been contagious.

Did he manage to pass to one his own players? That’s usually his weakness
Yes he did . Yes his main weakness was scuffing his passes short. Looked better in everyway yesterday. Also thought the trialist ( no.4 I think and scored against Welling) who has appeared in most games gets better each game.

Finlay Lovatt.
Recently released by Bromley, formerly with Leyton Orient:

Recently released by Bromley, formerly with Leyton Orient:

That’s him. Good knowledge. Think he’d be a decent signing, offers something different in the final 3rd

I guess they're not used to any size of crowd, but I also gave up queuing

1690367720523.png

I guess they're not used to any size of crowd, but I also gave up queuing

View attachment 384641
I'm sure it was mentioned on the Tooting forum that the previous vendors have gone, so it may have been a new vendor offering a similar menu and doing it for the first time. I always thought it was vastly overrated in the first place and wasn't sorry when their brief residency at Champion Hill ended.

213 apparently.

I believe it was the vendors first day at the food bar. I suspect a bit of inexperience and a bigger than anticipated gate caught them out. Hopefully the have learnt and go on to have a good season for the sake of anyone visiting.

Thrown out as far as the bar under the stand.

Back
Top Bottom