Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kingstonian v Hamlet - rescheduled for Weds evening, 20th March 2024

Don't forget this one is rescheduled for this Wednesday, 20th March.

At least all relevant train services should be running. East Dulwich to Mitcham Junction, changing at Tulse Hill, or Thameslink direct from Loughborough Junction / Herne Hill to Mitcham Junction then one stop on the tram to Mitcham. Connection doesn't look great for after the final whistle. Another post-match option would be tram in the other direction to Wimbledon, then frequent trains for the short journey to Clapham Junction, then the Overground service for Denmark Hill departs every 15 minutes on the quarter hour.

Don't forget this one is rescheduled for this Wednesday, 20th March.

At least all relevant train services should be running. East Dulwich to Mitcham Junction, changing at Tulse Hill, or Thameslink direct from Loughborough Junction / Herne Hill to Mitcham Junction then one stop on the tram to Mitcham. Connection doesn't look great for after the final whistle. Another post-match option would be tram in the other direction to Wimbledon, then frequent trains for the short journey to Clapham Junction, then the Overground service for Denmark Hill departs every 15 minutes on the quarter hour.
I'll update the title.

I think CBB and Clifton are now on international duty again. With JBW limping off at the weekend not sure who will be slotting in at left back if he is not fit? I would offer to step in but I am right footed and very shit at football

Big game although i suppose they are all big games now. If we win we go level on points with Billericay and Carshalton with still a game in hand on both. Exciting Easter ahead playing those 2 on the saturday and monday. Hopefully we will also get a good following at Bognor this saturday.

Big game although i suppose they are all big games now. If we win we go level on points with Billericay and Carshalton with still a game in hand on both. Exciting Easter ahead playing those 2 on the saturday and monday. Hopefully we will also get a good following at Bognor this saturday.
Billericay are undergoing catastrophic form right now, Despite being 6th in the league table, they're right at the bottom of the form table with a measly 1 point from 6 games while conceding 19 goals in that period.

I think CBB and Clifton are now on international duty again. With JBW limping off at the weekend not sure who will be slotting in at left back if he is not fit? I would offer to step in but I am right footed and very shit at football

As far as I can tell, Montserrat don't have any more fixtures until June when their World Cup qualifiers begin, unless they've arranged any obscure friendlies that don't show up on the fixture lists.

We tend to to rotate Clifton and Mills when there are two games a week, so with the latter playing 90 minutes on Saturday I'd normally expect the former to start tomorrow.

As far as I can tell, Montserrat don't have any more fixtures until June when their World Cup qualifiers begin, unless they've arranged any obscure friendlies that don't show up on the fixture lists.

We tend to to rotate Clifton and Mills when there are two games a week, so with the latter playing 90 minutes on Saturday I'd normally expect the former to start tomorrow.
I thought the same as couldn’t see anything but seems they are at some sort of training camp, not a bad gig

I thought the same as couldn’t see anything but seems they are at some sort of training camp, not a bad gig

That doesn't sound great from the selfish point of view of 2 players possibly missing the next 3 matches. Both players are now 35 though. Having completed one tournament cycle, I wonder whether the manager might be looking to bring in younger replacements at this stage?

Whatever the situation, I'm sure Hak will be on top of it. The Isthmian League transfer deadline is next Thursday, 28th March, so any new players required for the rest of the season will need to be registered by then.

When we went earlier in the season I travelled back via bus to Streatham then train to East Dulwich, it seemed the best of a bad bunch of options.

The overall attendance was less than 100 that night, and I suspect the big terraces will be pretty sparse this evening too. Might be a bit of a strange atmosphere for our players, whereas I assume Ks players are well used to it by now.

Was there ever an update on Alfie Allen and that other midfielder we signed who played a few games then disappeared?

Alfie Allen was warming up with the substitutes on Saturday. If the other player is Alfie Egan I haven't seen him since he was substituted at the end of the Hornchurch game with what looked like a knock of some sort.

When we went earlier in the season I travelled back via bus to Streatham then train to East Dulwich, it seemed the best of a bad bunch of options.

The overall attendance was less than 100 that night, and I suspect the big terraces will be pretty sparse this evening too. Might be a bit of a strange atmosphere for our players, whereas I assume Ks players are well used to it by now.

The late evening bus journey is obviously a lot quicker than the outward journey in rush hour, as long as you use a live running information app to make sure you won't be stuck at the bus stop for ages. A couple of times I got the 201 back to West Dulwich when I'd just missed a tram and would have also missed the train connection.

Nothing on Kingstonian's twitter feed about the game tonight

The club seems to be dying a death. Lots of complaints about lack of communication on their supporters forum and many volunteers seem to have been alienated by the directors. Another of their regular starters has left (right back Zack Chislett) and the first they knew about it was when his signature was announced by his new club before his debut for Westfield last night.

CBB has just tweeted a good luck message from Spain, so he's obviously on the Montserrat training camp.

Doesnt like the club are too impressed with CBB and Clifton ...." have chosen to go and train and play in intetnational friendlies"

Doesnt like the club are too impressed with CBB and Clifton ...." have chosen to go and train and play in intetnational friendlies"
From a Dulwich perspective it’s disappointing, but can kind of understand it from the player’s point of view - no guarantee they’ll be here next season, and at this stage of their careers international football has got to be the highlight.

Will be interesting to see if Hayrettin does anything to address the gaps they leave - if Binnom-Williams isn’t fit we’re down to two centre-backs and a right back, and just Mills as an out and out striker.

Edited to say: Roarie Deacon at left back? Or Krasniqi maybe? Oof.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom