Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Just leaving that to hang like the bad fart it is...

Jesus. Why on earth would you set up your own space for it after how the first 4 (?) were received on here/Buzz?! Who are you writing for if all the DHFC supporters think it's error-strewn crap?

Now it's starting to smack of something sinister, I think.

Sinister seems a bit much. It could just be that it's just someone who wants to write and is learning...slowly...

I know what you mean, but I honestly couldn't think of a better way of describing it. E.g. he's been categorically told that some of that Altona stuff is cobblers and that Jamie Splatt did not leave this summer (or even close to it), and yet as far as I can see he's c&p'd the lot, word for word, over to this new blog. He's still spouting this stuff as if it is accurate, despite now knowing it's not. It's deliberate, and for me that is approaching sinister.

Jesus. Why on earth would you set up your own space for it after how the first 4 (?) were received on here/Buzz?! Who are you writing for if all the DHFC supporters think it's error-strewn crap?

To be fair, the few dozen or so regular posters on here account for about 1% of the club's fanbase, so most of the cub's supporters probably haven't even seen it yet, although there's not much disputing that it's "error strewn" and I'm not even going to bother looking at this new blog/website.

I don't wish to discourage anyone from following the club, or getting involved by writing about it, but if I'd just relocated to the area and decided it was the club to follow, I think I'd want to spend at least half a season or so watching the games and getting a feel for what makes it tick before trying to impress everyone with satirical witticisms about the people who made it what it is.

Maybe reading too much into it?
I wouldn't want to inflict my dormant Wordpress blog on you but if this bloke has greater delusions about his writing, I will have a couple more looks and then choose to ignore it :)

Nah, setting up his own website is fine. I didn't enjoy his articles and I don't think they were good enough for the Buzz, but the only way to improve is to practice. If the bloke wants to spend the rest of the season writing about DHFC and is humble enough to know he needs the practice, all power to him.

If you fancy reading that rubbish, donated several surviving copies of Champion Hill Street Blues along with its various bastard offspring to the archive at the Bishopsgate Institute. Curator Stef Dickers is always on the look out for football fanzines so if you’re looking for a home for these it’s the perfect place
I gave my DHFC fanzines to Mishi when decluttering ahead of leaving London. I believe all his DHFC stuff was donated to the club by his family?

If so, they are probably in an officials loft or garage. Might be worth asking as the club would probably be willing to donate them. I can't see them wanting to archive unofficial stuff, they would probably be only too happy to find a good home for them.

I gave my DHFC fanzines to Mishi when decluttering ahead of leaving London. I believe all his DHFC stuff was donated to the club by his family?

If so, they are probably in an officials loft or garage. Might be worth asking as the club would probably be willing to donate them. I can't see them wanting to archive unofficial stuff, they would probably be only too happy to find a good home for them.
Mishi's collection of football memorabilia is safely locked away at the club. We have earmarked an area in the new stadium to display historical artefacts and it may well be that some of Mishi's collection will form part of that. We do still need to sort through the many programmes, fanzines, books, mugs and everything else that's included within 'Mishi's cupboard' at some point. As you can imagine, there's quite a lot!

Mishi's collection of football memorabilia is safely locked away at the club. We have earmarked an area in the new stadium to display historical artefacts and it may well be that some of Mishi's collection will form part of that. We do still need to sort through the many programmes, fanzines, books, mugs and everything else that's included within 'Mishi's cupboard' at some point. As you can imagine, there's quite a lot!
Hopefully some of that collection can find its way into the Bishopsgate Archive. The wonderful thing is they have the resources to digitally archive them for researchers to access, something I’m guessing the club might not be able to do. I know my collection of Dulwich fanzines was incomplete so it would be good for those with an interest in the social history of football to have the full gamut of Hamlet fanzania to access. Wondering too if Mishi had any LGBTQI+ memorabilia as Bishopsgate also has an extensive Queer archive.

Back
Top Bottom