Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So it begins, ins and outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, first goal that day was a balls up between Charlie and Sanchez. Losing only 2-0 instead of 4-0 would have kept us up. Hakan was in charge for 13 matches: W4 D4 L5. That doesn't get you relegated. Three different managers flogged that dead horse of a squad and the buck stops with the bloke who assembled it in the first place, not with Barnes or Hakan.

Yes agree last game all we needed was a draw didn’t get it 3 managers in a season that’s bad

So the one game we needed couldn't possibly have been any of the ones we got tubbed in under Rose or Barnes?

Talking about last season Yes some of blame must go on hak he still had enough games to keep us up

I think someone's spiked your half time bovril pal. Had we had Hak in for maybe a fortnight or so before we did, I firmly believe we would have stayed up. His record, as (I think) Liam showed you was mid table form which would have done for us.

He still had 13 games to sort it out

13 games is not a lot, especially considering we had a few Saturday-Tuesdays towards the end of the season, which seriously limits training time.

And there was only so much he could do with what I think everyone now agrees was a crap squad with some terrible personalities. He can't turn a ball of shit into a ball of gold. As Roger D says Barnes very politely said they were a poor set of players who were happy to down tools when the going got tough, and then HH said in the SLoP that they were the worst dressing room he'd ever encountered.

You had Owusu not turning up for games, you had Crichlow swinging punches in the penultimate game of the season, you had Quade (and I hate to say this) playing every game and then sitting out the last match v Chippenham, only to miraculously recover for Nyren's testimonial the week after, you had Wood who by all accounts was an absolutely toxic personality, and I'd say it's more than likely Holland and Raymond had sorted out their moves to Cray long before the season had ended. And that was before several of them had flounced off in the summer without even bothering to give HH a phone call, or did what Felix was doing and kept talking to the club while twerking for a better offer on Twitter, which was incredibly disrespectful from a bloke that was unconditionally hero-worshipped by DHFC supporters from the moment he arrived.

On top of that I know Barnes said privately from day 1 that the squad was not fit. That again is down to an extremely poor pre -season programme by GR and shoddy attitudes from the players themselves. They all know the levels they need to be at to compete at NLS, and yet people like Vint visibly put on weight as the season went along.

I think the only thing that can be truly levelled at HH is the signing of Fawole who did the grand total of absolutely nothing in the games he played, but HH would have had limited choice in who he could sign at that stage of the season. I don't think Dulwich, 5th from bottom in the NLS with 13 games to go, would have been particularly attractive for many goalscorers.

You seem to have an agenda against HH and Barnes, so I doubt this will change your mind, but it's worth making clear how some of the squad behaved last season - if not for you, for others on this forum. I have more stories about poor conduct but they were told to me in confidence and I won't repeat tehm here. You're just defending a horrendous bunch of players for, as far as I can see, no logical reason.

Talking about last season Yes some of blame must go on hak he still had enough games to keep us up
Not really. He, like Paul Barnes, was left with a squad who didn't a stuff. It's been made clear by lots of people who know

As PP has sid It was easier to stay up than go down. You keep backing the players though . The officials, two managers and several players who have publicly blamed the team clearly know nothing. If you have evidence it was the managers (Paul and Hak) fault please present it.

Last edited:
On top of that I know Barnes said privately from day 1 that the squad was not fit. That again is down to an extremely poor pre -season programme by GR and shoddy attitudes from the players themselves. They all know the levels they need to be at to compete at NLS, and yet people like Vint visibly put on weight as the season went along.
To be fair both Paul and Hak hinted at it.Many of the squad then downed tools spectacularly at Worthing so Paul went public after weeks of frustration. Certain players then threw him under the bus at Hampton so he had to go, he had no tools left. They then threw Hak under the bus as he hinted at after arriving and has made clear since.

But hey ho, it was the managers fault....

Not including the game that Danny and Jack presided over (1-3 vs Hemel):

Gavin - 0.57ppg (5 from 7)
Paul - 1.08ppg (27 from 25)
Hakan - 1.23ppg (16 from 13)
As per baleboy_93 analysis from a couple of months ago, Hayrettin did his job in those 13 games.

To take a terminally dysfunctional squad which had taken one point from a possible 30 and produce form which averaged out over a whole season would have seen us easily comfortable was pretty remarkable.

And as Ben Clasper mentioned at the DHST AGM, if the players hadn’t returned to their previous bullshit (my words, not his) whilst Hayrettin was understandably away for two games, we wouldn’t have needed those points over the last two games in any case.

So in the list of whose fault it was we went down, I’d suggest he should be somewhere near the bottom.

Last edited:
To be honest I’m not even sure why we’re talking about last season in any other terms than “Fuck it, it happened”. The managers have gone, the vast majority of the players have gone, the club is playing in the Isthmian Premier and no amount of navel-gazing and blame apportionment is going to change that. There’s a new season just around the corner and, though we may not go up at the first or even second attempt, let’s focus on the challenges ahead. There’s nothing to gained in looking back but plenty in looking forward to what’s to come.

And to think you got angry when I expressed my opinion that you were being an irritating cunt 🤔🙄
U really are a wanker or should I say pity your dad wasn’t a wanker then u would not be here today. Bye bye wanker Im sure u will put something up im sure it want be nice but so what I don’t care 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Here's the latest collated list, and I reckon we've just about got the core squad of 18 that Terry Harris (speaking at the supporters forum in May) suggested we'd work with: 6 defenders, 6 midfielders, 4 strikers, 2 goalkeepers. We just need the second keeper (probably the one who's been here throughout pre-season) and possibly a fourth striker (unless Wanadio counts as such) plus the 6 "side salads" to provide cover and gain experience.

I think it's telling that only 3 of the 19 players released have landed themselves a new contract at National South level, although I'm sure Kalvin Kalala would have without his ACL injury. Maybe one or two of the others will be playing as triallists somewhere.

2023/24 Squad:
Kreshnic Krasniqi
Sanchez Ming
Danny Mills
Alfie Allen (Millwall)
Jerome Binnom-Williams (Maidstone United)
Craig Braham-Barrett (Tonbridge Angels)
Michael Chambers (Billericay Town)
Adrian Clifton (Maidenhead United)
Ravan Constable (Hanwell Town)
Jerry Gyebi (Hungerford Town)
Anthony Jeffrey (Billericay Town)
Mark Ricketts (Borehamwood)
Elliot Romain (Ebbsfleet United)
Ryley Scott (Dagenham)
Ade Shokunbi (Hampton)
Cem Tumkaya (Cray Valley)

Luke Wanadio (Dover Athletic)

Departures:
Kristian Campbell (Chatham Town)
Joe Felix (Worthing)
Charlie Grainger (Hastings United)
Jack Holland (Cray Wanderers)
George Porter (Cray Wanderers)
Johl Powell (Tonbridge Angels)
Frankie Raymond (Cray Wanderers)
Dan Smith (Bognor Regis Town)
Quade Taylor (Carshalton Athletic)
Cameron Thompson (Cray Wanderers)
Ronnie Vint (Lewes)
Will Wood (Welling United)
Andre Blackman
Josh Fawole
Nebay Haile
Omari Hibbert
Aaron Jones
Kalvin Kalala
Nana Owusu

Loans Expired:
Gianni Crichlow (now Tonbridge Angels)
Conor Lawless (free agent)
Michael Phillips (now Hastings United)
David Stephens (Borehamwood)

Deon Woodman (Queen's Park Rangers)

The DHFC Twitter account has named Richard Pingling on the bench this evening, although I haven't seen any previous announcement of him joining us. He's the triallist striker who first appeared in the second half of the Altona game.

The DHFC Twitter account has named Richard Pingling on the bench this evening, although I haven't seen any previous announcement of him joining us. He's the triallist striker who first appeared in the second half of the Altona game.

Confirmed as signed by Tom Bale on DHFC Radio

Daft question I should really know the answer to by now, but why are trialists players named in programmes etc as 'trialist' and not their real names? Is it just archaic convention or can't clubs name them as not under contract? Or perhaps players generally don't want it to be known they're on trial at a maybe multitude of clubs for fear of it looking bad when they don't land at that team?

The club can.name the player but typically don't want to as they don't want to flag the potential availablity of the player to rival clubs in this era of social media, when team lineups are easily available.

The players have no say in what goes on the team sheet at a friendly, it's filled in by a member of management or official.

The club can.name the player but typically don't want to as they don't want to flag the potential availablity of the player to rival clubs in this era of social media, when team lineups are easily available.

The players have no say in what goes on the team sheet at a friendly, it's filled in by a member of management or official.
Gracias!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom