Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Six Nations 2022

Yep looked like with the pressure and all he took his eye off the ball for a fraction, must feel rotten about it :(

Reactions: Ax^
Apart from the now obligatory soft try in the first half, Wales seem to be heading the right way. Scratch the Irish game as Wales were still in Cardiff Wales Airport for that, they have been competitive ever since, albeit from going behind. I think there's enough confidence from the team in the management to carry this on. We're not shit, just need everyone back and a little more development. Scrum was far from shit today against some monsters. Line out far better. This was a French defensive masterclass, previously seen from Wales under Shaun. But we're getting there. As long as morale doesn't go west in SA this summer, there could be a real building job going on here. Fingers crossed. I need to remind myself we won the last two editions. We're hardly shit. Just a year of regrouping and rebuilding. Waiting for Tips and Ken now. They'll be a bonus.

I think I was more disappointed by the defeat against England. Felt like Wales would have won that with another five minutes of play. This one, only four points in it, but France weren't cracking. Think France might slaughter England in the finale. But this is the 6N, so who knows?

I was a bit disappointed by the amount of kicking on both sides, and Wales keeping giving the ball to the forwards for a plough forward. Would have liked to see more passing along the line as France did.

I was a bit disappointed by the amount of kicking on both sides, and Wales keeping giving the ball to the forwards for a plough forward. Would have liked to see more passing along the line as France did.
The back and forth kicking is ugly, isn't it? It's a bit of a weakness of rugby union tbh. You can see why they do it, but it's painful to watch.

Problem for Wales is that when they went wide, they generally went backwards.

wales great strength is the kicking game

when it works its better than Sexton from an irish fan

That was the game, wasn't it? :(

I can't fault Wales for that performance. Total commitment, mostly smart, and no little skill. Just needed one moment of magic that didn't come.

Well defended by France, though. A gritty 'away' performance.
Just needed a coherent attack. Difficult with the centres we had but fuck, we had them begging and couldn't put them away.

France managed only 3 points after minute 10, and later tried a few fairly desperate drop goals as they weren’t able to get any scoreboard momentum

So many wtf moments in that game, from both sides, but more from France - chucking it around with no cohesion instead of just straightening up and getting the basics. Excellent disruption by Wales. Some sublime kicking by Biggar. However, for all that Wales pushed us, they still couldn't score tries and that really matters.

Last edited:
So many wtf moments in that game, from both sides, but more from France - chucking it around with no cohesion instead of just straightening up and getting the basics. Excellent disruption by Wales. Some sublime kicking by Biggar. However, for all that Wales pushed us, they still couldn't score tries and that really matters.
No. If the game had been twice as long we still wouldn't have looked like scoring. An Edwards defence vs. a pub team attack. Jones is bringing nothing to the role and should be replaced by somebody who knows what they're doing.

Missed the game last night but glad Wales aren't playing as badly as feared. As been stated before, it appears that we're hugely reliant on the old guard, the younger players coming through either need more time or just aren't as good.

Did Francis play alright? Worried that he was picked given his recent concussion.

Genuine question does anyone think France can maintain their current standards or improve until autumn 2023? I think it’s a long time to maintain that excellence and form.

Anyway to today’s prediction’s which are more on hope than anything else…
Anyway I think Italy will beat the Scots today. They’ve (Italy) been fairly dogged unless it’s the last 20 mins but they are due a big performance in Rome and Finn Russell is not consistent enough to provide a platform for the Scottish backs. Italy to scrape a win.

England vs Ireland I think this will be close mainly because the England pack will fancy it chances against the Ireland 8. It’s good to see we’ve gone for three jumpers with POM starting (and we have at least 4 jackel threats as well) so I think there will be plenty of kicking. If Sexton goes off early we’ll be in trouble. Ireland by ten.

I’ve got Ireland by 6, agree Sexton staying on is the key. Aki will be running down Smiths channel all day.

I had marked for a Scotland win by 15 but I may reconsider.

Missed the game last night but glad Wales aren't playing as badly as feared. As been stated before, it appears that we're hugely reliant on the old guard, the younger players coming through either need more time or just aren't as good.

Did Francis play alright? Worried that he was picked given his recent concussion.
Yeah, he was decent. He's quietly moulded himself into something nearing indispensable for Wales

I’ve got Ireland by 6, agree Sexton staying on is the key. Aki will be running down Smiths channel all day.

I had marked for a Scotland win by 15 but I may reconsider.
Also think that Doris will be protecting Sexton off the line out especially if Englands hooker stands at the back of the defensive line out. Fully expect to see Lowe running at smith early and often.

Back
Top Bottom