Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

sinn fein informer

cemertyone said:
Oh if only you knew :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .....a little source from Andytown tells me that the provisionals in Belfast are currently holding one of their own at the minute for something much more serious than Mr Donaldson`s treachery...i guess i will come out in the new year...if at all and if he lives that long...
Of course times have changed and PIRA is meant to be on its best behavior at the moment which might limit just where they can put a bullet through.

A disgruntled old Armagh mate of mine was complaining that in the good old days any volunteer caught humming The Sash on the lav got nutted but lately far grander touts like Donaldson are mysteriously absolved. I'd hope similar sentiments aren't leading to the traditional sacrifice of a convienient retard to cover more senior folk.

McIntyre on the human aspect of fighting a long dirty war:
That the Provisional movement is extensively penetrated should come as no surprise. Viewed through the long war prism it was the logical outcome of a strategy of attrition, in which the attrition was felt more by those waging it than those it was intended to wear down. Activists were reminded that as they grew older with fewer years left to them, the length of time they could expect to serve in prison if captured was increasing by the year. People not on the run and who lived home lives, with partners and children, suddenly exposed to the certainty of losing everything in exchange for a cell found themselves staring at fences they were no longer able to jump. The long war strategy saw combatants emerge from jail after they had served considerable sentences. If they returned to active service the chill running through their bones reminded them of the price to be paid if captured; the choice was simple - grow old and grey with imprisoned comrades and wake up alone each morning to the sound of clanging grills; or come to beside a partner to the laughter of children. Those IRA internal security doyens, not working for the British, with decades of experience observed that the biggest risk factor to the organisation was ex-prisoners not prepared to return to prison
This actually works both ways, London's feckless spooks sometimes ended up as compromised as their questionable handled assets in PIRA.

Back
Top Bottom