Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the Covid vaccine be mandatory?

Should the Covid vaccine be mandatory?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
So the above is blocks isn’t it. She hasn’t suddenly changed views due to her being ‘vulnerable’. She’s been consistent.
What I said in my original comment was that Dr Ryan was not historically someone who supported state compulsion on anything, therefore I was somewhat surprised by her stance on vaccination. I then said that given her illness I could understand why, in this instance, she supported compulsory vaccination.

I would have thought that I had made that clear, but obviously not.

It shouldn't have to even be a consideration to make it mandatory... but no, ultimately it shouldn't be but sadly mainly because of the sheer amount of unnecessary grief that would cause.

I wonder why they are waiting so long, when they are going into lockdown again.
Probably hoping that a lockdown will force case rates down, before vaccination makes people want the freedum ... and case rates go up again. with the attendant risk of more variants ...

I wonder why they are waiting so long, when they are going into lockdown again.
Probably because a massive increase in vaccination wont solve this wave on its own anyway, and they cant vaccinate everyone overnight, and it doesnt sound like they have figured out all of the detail yet so need more time for that. And in the meantime they will get to see how much the threat of mandatory vaccines makes long before any deadline.

The chancellor said the details would be finalized in the coming weeks but those who continued to refuse to get vaccinated would have to expect to be fined.

Probably because a massive increase in vaccination wont solve this wave on its own anyway, and they cant vaccinate everyone overnight, and it doesnt sound like they have figured out all of the detail yet so need more time for that. And in the meantime they will get to see how much the threat of mandatory vaccines makes long before any deadline.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

'Can expect to be fined'.

I am not anti vaccines, triple vaccinated. However, the prospect of the state forcing vaccination with a penalty if you don't, no, no and no again.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

'Can expect to be fined'.

I am not anti vaccines, triple vaccinated. However, the prospect of the state forcing vaccination with a penalty if you don't, no, no and no again.

Have to say that I am uncomfortable with it for the general population.

Lots of new vaccine mandates coming in across Europe now. Greece has just announced all over 60s must get it.

There is of course an alternative to fining people who don't get the vaccine - the Greek government could give everyone over the age of 60 100 euros for getting vaccinated (backdated to everyone vaccinated so far). I wonder why they are not doing this :confused: ... if getting everyone vaccinated is so important.

Ursula von der Leyen wants to make vaccines mandatory for everyone in the EU

Covid Omicron: Time to consider mandatory jabs, EU chief says

European Union countries should consider mandatory vaccination to combat Covid and the Omicron variant, the head of its Commission has said.

On Wednesday, Ms von der Leyen said it was "understandable and appropriate" for EU members to discuss mandatory Covid vaccinations given that a third of the bloc's population was unvaccinated.
"How we can encourage and potentially think about mandatory vaccination within the European Union? This needs discussion. This needs a common approach, but it is a discussion that I think has to be led," she told a news conference in Brussels.

Last edited:
Mrs Sas is just back from our local shopping centre. About 80% of people are wearing masks, but the place was rammed.

I need to go to get Mrs Sas's Christmas and birthday cards, that will be the second time I've been in there since I went for the same reason about this time last year.

Found out yesterday my (estranged) sister is an anti-vaxxer. She's banned her kids from seeing their nana and her partner for Xmas as they've both been double jabbed.

I hope she dies from it to be quite honest. Sorry.
Somewhat odd decision.

One that warrants a death wish though? Wow.

Somewhat odd decision.

One that warrants a death wish though? Wow.

Oh there's more to it than that, sorry, out of context that does sound awful. But she is not a nice human being. Properly evil. I think anyone who spent any time with her would agree, but hey that's for another forum!

Just so stupid though. Her rationale is that the Government is lying about this etc, that she's already had it so is immune etc etc, the usual nutter bullshit.

Oh there's more to it than that, sorry, out of context that does sound awful. But she is not a nice human being. Properly evil. I think anyone who spent any time with her would agree, but hey that's for another forum!

Just so stupid though. Her rationale is that the Government is lying about this etc, that she's already had it so is immune etc etc, the usual nutter bullshit.
i hope the nana and partner have breathed a sigh of relief and intend to spend the xmas period laying on their settee enjoying festive drinks and food uninterrupted by nuttery

Anyone who refuses the jab should be asked for their bank details on admittance to hospital struggling to breathe if they get the Covid. Coz i'm not paying for their oxygen. Idiots.

I'm a strong believer in keeping universal healthcare universal, although hearing somebody say they'll be morally obligated to become an anti-vaxxer if the vaccine becomes mandatory does test that stance a bit.

Back
Top Bottom