Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SEWING BEE 2022 - starts tomorrow Wednesday 27th April

I thought the standard of most of the wrap dresses was really high, especially considering it was just the first episode and contestants usually improve a lot over the course of the series. I was thinking maybe three or four of those dresses could have been garment of the week, when there's often one stand-out piece, sometimes it's between one or two.

Loved it!!!!

Loved the wool miniskirts.
Loved the wrap dresses...I thought the dress that won garment of the week was very 1930s style. I was picturing it on a character from an episode of Poirot, walking on the terrace of a white Art Deco hotel by the sea...slight breeze blowing ....as she sips a cocktail and gazes out at the horizon. The material moved beautifully. The black contrasting edging was genius. The watercolour marks on the dress were really lovely.
It was stunning.

A good few of the dresses were really excellent. I like the vet's style and execution. Cant remember her name..was it Mia??

The Sewing Bee is my favourite thing on television. I was sad about the person that went home because I liked them but they were in a blind panic for most of it so it almost felt kinder!

I also thought there were better frocks than the GotW. I think Marnie is the one to watch but Gingham Woman is also pretty good, but she probably divides opinion, but I think she was great.

Marnie I think. I liked her

That's the one.

I really kiked her mish mashed going out out top.
Tbose sleeves made from jogger pants were brilliant!!

I love all these kinds of programmes.
I loved the Pottery Throw Down too and there was a Wood Working equivalent style one aswell where one week they had to make a bed.

But Sewing Bee is ace....and i LOVE the Esme and Patrick. They get on so well. They're really interested and not a bit "about themselves".

I love Esme's style too...and that she has made her own clothes since she was a child.

Haven't seen it yet but really looking forward to it. There was a good jewellery making one last year too, that prob followed sewing bee .

My GF and I both said "yay!" when the TV announced Sewing Bee was going to start in an hour. We're so middle-aged. :D

We weren't big fans of the winning dress - it looked too much like a kimono-style dressing gown rather than a dress. It was well-made, though, and the skirts were mostly really impressive.

The one who went out was the most obvious non-contender I've ever seen on any of these shows! Lovely man, but he totally messed up.

Rah, I never watch TV so was oblivious to SB's return. Will always make an exception for Sewing Bee, despite massive irritation with the (redundant) comedian foils. Esme is always fabulous and Patrick is a darling. Am going to get on IPlaya at once (have avoided reading any of this thread apart from the OP).
Absolutely brilliant timing cos I have onerous sewing tasks (all the foam seating in the horsebox, curtains and daughters bizarrely shaped foam bedding for her boat)...and promised maternity and nursing dresses for daughter.

Sara Pascoe annoys me a lot and although less annoying than normal, I still miss Claudia. Joe was good, but no-one can beat Claudia.

Loved the mini skirt pattern. Although I though on quite a few of them the pockets were a bit puckered which wasn't mentioned.

Did really love the garment of the week. Like Aladdin said, it was like something out of Poirot.

So glad it's back.

Can I just document here that I made a top today, very simple apart from frills on the sleeves and I'd cut it out beforehand, and it took me from like 11am to gone midnight, stopping only for meals and to watch Gentleman Jack. I think that's the only time I've ever made a garment in a single day.

It did not take me 4 hours.

Can I just document here that I made a top today, very simple apart from frills on the sleeves and I'd cut it out beforehand, and it took me from like 11am to gone midnight, stopping only for meals and to watch Gentleman Jack. I think that's the only time I've ever made a garment in a single day.

It did not take me 4 hours.
Yea, I shout "but show me the inside!" at the screen.

I love this show. I haven't watched the first episode yet and I'm really looking forward to it.
I was all about the Interior Design Masters final last night. :oops:
I haven't watched interior design, is it any good? YES!! Needles up indeed RAVE HORN. I bloody love sewing Bee, and I loved all the contestants this year and actually started to warm to Sarah. I have sort of accepted that there will not be many filler shots of a brownygreen Thames slapping up against a wall😭. I watch it on a Sunday, so might have to start making Dan watch it on the night.

I really like this group, they are more expressive and not afraid of colour.....so much more talent earlier on....good signs :)
I've not taken much notice of Sara Pascoe before this, but she's doing alright....really sniggered at the "looks like West Ham colours" to the millwall fan! ....I've always associated F-Troop with Stanley knives rather than rotary cutters :D
I've not thought of making my own trainers before, but they looked quite straight forward last night, I think I may have a bash.

My money is on the vet to win.
I didn't realise how much I'd missed Esme and Patrick, I love their relationship....they seem a little more cheeky this time 😍

He totally failed the made to measure challenge. His jacket didn’t fit his model so I’m really not sure why he stayed
I know that the made to measures challenge seems set up like they're doing the challenge all in one day, but they do do prep beforehand and get the chance to practice, they choose their patterns and fabrics beforehand, it's not spur of the moment like some of the other challenges, so I got the impression that his model was bigger than he expected.

I was wondering what happened. Had he been given measurements for a different, smaller, model? Had they been given access to the models in advance and had he mis-measured? Or was it that the pattern he had decided to work from came in eg small, medium and large, and maybe that was maybe the largest size of the pattern and then when the model turned up and happened to be bigger, he was screwed, basically?

It seemed like it was too small from the off. It didn't seem like it was a case of it fitting in the beginning and then he took it in too much, adjusted it badly and made it too small, it was always too small, which struck me as not so much a problem with his sewing/adjusting/making to measure on the hoof, but more to do with starting with pattern pieces that were too small to start off with, iyswim.

Because otherwise, apart from being too small, that was a brilliant design and quite well made.

That’s very interesting AnnO'Neemus - I didn’t know any of that. I wonder if his model had been switched or something? I didn’t pay any attention to see if he had the same one last week.

And it was a good design and much better made than Chichi’s which was pretty awful

Back
Top Bottom