Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Saudi Arabian court wants to paralyse a man

Actually think if you stick someone in a wheelchair being stuck in one yourself is a fair punishment.In reality think its pretty barbaric and the sentence shouldn't be carried out
Though the evil malevolent part of me thinks its a good idea.

Which is a capital offence itself.

Only if you allow the Mutaween to carry out the punishments. Start by executing all members of the House of Fraud, then target the Mutaween...

Of course it'll never happen because although its a dictatorship it's a dictatorship that benefits us, so even though the Riyadh bosses are arguably more vile than Saddam ever was, they can't be judged by the West as they own the West.

I love pointing out to your typical redneck from Hicksville USA when trolling YouTube, when a Yank gets all racist about Arabs, tell him that everything he owns he had to pay money to Saudi Arabia to own it. Every drop of gas, ever piece of plastic. Drives them batshit.

Hopefully there is such a thing as peak oil, and it'll start running out there first. I doubt it though.

I have a good line in Arabic swearwords that I like to use when the obese Saudi families are staying in the posh hotels in Mayfair, the spoiled Saudi kids that hassle the doorstaff always run off to hide behind their servants when they get called a "sharmouta", their parents just leave them in the hotel all day while they shop for designer crap.

Who on earth did such a ridiculous thing?

If I misread you, I apologise. You appeared to be saying that some of the barbarism in Saudi was down to barbarism in Islam, as if it wouldn't be much the same if the place happened to have a different state religion.

after reading a lot about the 90 year old and the KFC bandit from last week...

i can only assume this is the sort of dumb shit that happens if you let general consensus decide your laws (be that down to religion or opinion)

If I misread you, I apologise. You appeared to be saying that some of the barbarism in Saudi was down to barbarism in Islam, as if it wouldn't be much the same if the place happened to have a different state religion.

the problem is that both in the scripture, and in the preaching there is a lot of barbariic stuff in Islam. Regardless of what other religions are about.

the problem is that both in the scripture, and in the preaching there is a lot of barbariic stuff in Islam. Regardless of what other religions are about.

That's arguable, but not the point. If it didn't exist, regimes like Saudi would invent it. Just like they did, in fact, invent Wahhabism.

I don't think bombing the nation is the answer, but if the populous were to rise up tear the limbs off the members of the House of Fraud and use them for dog food, I'd not complain.

Then they could go about renouncing their backward religion too...

Saudis on the whole are fucking mental. This is all the proof you need:

Gnarly

I don't think bombing the nation is the answer, but if the populous were to rise up tear the limbs off the members of the House of Fraud and use them for dog food, I'd not complain.

Then they could go about renouncing their backward religion too...

Saudis on the whole are fucking mental. This is all the proof you need:

'populace'

Wahhabism is a sect of Islam, I believe, so somehow trying to isolate it from Islam is like trying to isolate Presbyterianism from Christianity.

Wahhabism may well be a sect of Islam but many of its teachings are contradictory to mainstream Islam. A better comparison would be mainstream Christianity and some mentalists like the Dignidad Colony.

'populace'

pop·u·lous (ppy-ls)
adj.
Containing many people or inhabitants; having a large population.
[Middle English, from Latin populsus, from populus, the people; see popular.]
popu·lous·ly adv.
popu·lous·ness n.

:)

A vile nation that ought to be bombed back to the stone age-wait they are actually still in the stone age.

But we could still bomb them all with neutron enhanced-radiation weapons, using a relatively short-life isotope, kill them all and destroy Wahhabism for ever, and then only have to wait a couple of years for the radiation levels to fall sufficiently for us to send our own guys in to pump out the oil.

Or is this an over-reaction to the poisonous influence of this extreme islamic cult?

Giles..

Wahhabism may well be a sect of Islam but many of its teachings are contradictory to mainstream Islam. A better comparison would be mainstream Christianity and some mentalists like the Dignidad Colony.

Or indeed the Westboro Baptist Church, led by Fred Phelps who I believe rapes the younger members of his inbred family from time to time.

But we could still bomb them all with neutron enhanced-radiation weapons, using a relatively short-life isotope, kill them all and destroy Wahhabism for ever, and then only have to wait a couple of years for the radiation levels to fall sufficiently for us to send our own guys in to pump out the oil.

Or is this an over-reaction to the poisonous influence of this extreme islamic cult?

Giles..

What about good old cluster bombs and depleted uranium shells like we use already in Islamic countries??

Giles..

Yes, let us commit genocide in the name of liberation. Brilliant.

It appears to have a larger following than that, in more than one country. Also, it's hard to talk about 'mainstream' islam, just as it would be difficult to talk about 'mainstream' christianity. The main streams of Sunni, Shi'ia and the Ismailis are separate, just as it is with Catholics and Protestants, and the various sub groups.

pop·u·lous (ppy-ls)
adj.
Containing many people or inhabitants; having a large population.
[Middle English, from Latin populsus, from populus, the people; see popular.]
popu·lous·ly adv.
popu·lous·ness n.

:)

You're using a noun, though:

'but if the populous were to rise up'

pop·u·lace
   /ˈpɒpyələs/ Show Spelled[pop-yuh-luhs] Show IPA
–noun
the common people of a community, nation, etc., as distinguished from the higher classes.
all the inhabitants of a place; population.
Use populace in a Sentence
See images of populace
Search populace on the Web
Origin:
1565–75; < F < It popolaccio, equiv. to popol ( o ) people + -accio pejorative suffix

—Can be confused: population, populous.

It appears to have a larger following than that, in more than one country. Also, it's hard to talk about 'mainstream' islam, just as it would be difficult to talk about 'mainstream' christianity. The main streams of Sunni, Shi'ia and the Ismailis are separate, just as it is with Catholics and Protestants, and the various sub groups.

Yes, but the different branches of both Islam and Christianity are closely related - this is the mainstream; whereas Wahhabism, amongst many other sects in all Abrahamic faiths, take a more radical departure. Indeed, is contradictory to mainstream Islam.

Just because Wahhabism has grown and spread significantly, does not imply it is any more mainstream; as has been pointed out on these forums countless times, Johnny, the primary driving force is not faith but politics.

:facepalm:

you do remember Christians , Jews and Muslims being children of Abraham right

Perhaps he thinks the Old Testament is part of the New Testament, seeing as Christians use the Old Testament. :D

Yes, but the different branches of both Islam and Christianity are closely related - this is the mainstream; whereas Wahhabism, amongst many other sects in all Abrahamic faiths, take a more radical departure. Indeed, is contradictory to mainstream Islam..

Can you tell me just now, in maybe 100 words, the main differences between Wahhabism; and Sunni, Shi'ia and Sufism?

Back
Top Bottom