Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

S&B meets country walk mark II

gaijingirl said:
I need to get back to them to let them know if we are definitely interested. I'm not sure whether we get to see "The Mill".. in fact I don't know what that's all about.. Ace Chick??? Maybe you could give me more info and I'll whittle away at them..
the mill where they spin/make the yarn!

I swear-to-god that I could fill up a busload of people trying to get to a weekend opening at Colinette. Just let me know how many people would make it 'worth it' for Colinette and as well as for us! Assuming of course that anyone else can work out their own transport/accomm.

Ah.. it's the 8/9th I wrote to them about...

Ms T and Eme... can you do the 8/9th.. or were you thinking 1/2nd?

edited to add.. I'm a complete fuckwit.. of course you meant the 1/2nd.. I will write to them again!

Got a reply re 1st weekend in October:

"HI GG,

Thank you for letting me know the dates.
I have no idea if colinette herself will be here as she spends a lot of time abroad.

G****"

So that looks ok.. I've asked her to confirm. I had no idea that Colinette is actually a real person!!

PieEye said:
My God!

That is like actually meeting Versace or something.... ;)

Is there a Rowan as well do you think??

Now you're just being silly.. next you'll be saying there's a Debbie Bliss too!! :rolleyes:

Ok... Colinette have confirmed...

"Hi GG,

Yes that weekend will be fine
Saturday the 1st of october the
shop will be open at 10am

G***y"

Also the bunkhouse have written back to confirm that that weekend is ok and will be £10 per person per night. We can either bring our own sleeping bags, or pay £1.50 per night for linen.

There is one 11 person bunkhouse and one 9 person bunkhouse...so we need to get numbers together so I can let them know. I've already asked if we can potentially book the 11 person bunkhouse for ourselves without specifying exact numbers so that if numbers fluctuate nearer the time it shoudl be cool. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

The next thing to consider is transport.

Personally I'm more than happy to take my bike on the train as I don't suppose there will be enough room in cars for everyone. But.. it would be good to work out transport so that if it is necessary for some of us to take the train we can buy tickets well enough in advance to keep them cheap.

Further info:

Hi GG,

We (will be) open from 10am till 4pm
Unfortantly it will only be the millshop that will be open due to health and safty we are unable to take anyone through the factory.
We can offer you a cup of coffee though.

G***y

gaijingirl said:
Further info:

Hi GG,

We (will be) open from 10am till 4pm
Unfortantly it will only be the millshop that will be open due to health and safty we are unable to take anyone through the factory.
We can offer you a cup of coffee though.

G***y
GG you are amazing!

I cannot drive (my knitting is far far better than my driving :D ) but if there aren't enough car places I am more than happy to train it - count me in as a definite.

innit said:
GG you are amazing!

I cannot drive (my knitting is far far better than my driving :D ) but if there aren't enough car places I am more than happy to train it - count me in as a definite.

ditto!

btw... mild derail... I saw acechick on the telly the other night! It was an ad for 4 minute documentaries on C4. She was looking lovely :)

although they also had footage of knitters at the Ritzy - I couldn't see me or GG, but it did make me fall off my chair with shock :eek:

innit said:
btw... mild derail... I saw acechick on the telly the other night! It was an ad for 4 minute documentaries on C4. She was looking lovely :)

although they also had footage of knitters at the Ritzy - I couldn't see me or GG, but it did make me fall off my chair with shock :eek:

Oh thank goodness we weren't on there.. they assured us it would only be seen in France!!

Has she made a documentary?

One can only assume so :(

They promised it would only be in France!

Although fair play to her, it did look pretty good!

:D

Nice one GG

Transport - I don't mind looking into car hire and driving if people think it's worth it. I think I could get a car for about £30 a day and plus petrol it probably works out at around £140 total. Split between 4/5 people and we're still spending less than the train fare.

BUT - trains are less likely to get snarled in weekend traffic aren't they? I have no idea what driving to Wales is like but if there is always a massive London-Wales exodus at the weekend and if it's lots of motorway driving it could be a safer bet training it.

What do people think?

PieEye said:
:D

Nice one GG

Transport - I don't mind looking into car hire and driving if people think it's worth it. I think I could get a car for about £30 a day and plus petrol it probably works out at around £140 total. Split between 4/5 people and we're still spending less than the train fare.

BUT - trains are less likely to get snarled in weekend traffic aren't they? I have no idea what driving to Wales is like but if there is always a massive London-Wales exodus at the weekend and if it's lots of motorway driving it could be a safer bet training it.

What do people think?

Well it's possible that I can borrow a car (although not at all certain) and I also have a driving licence although I don't like motorway driving very much (fine with cities and A-roads).... there was also talk of Hendo coming and possibly Kublai (in which case I could get him to do some driving too)... on the other hand I agree that train journey's might be a bit easier and also, much more environmentally friendly... although of course we will be restricted to a certain extent at the other end with travel. Maybe we should talk about it at the S&B BBQ...

PieEye said:
So it's a pissing shitstorm of a drive is it? :D

Tailbacks and road rage?

Yup, them London folks is just itchin' to get into all this excitement :D There's sheep and everything :eek: :D

innit said:

:eek: It's actually a different thing from the french crew (which I understand hasn't been aired in France yet).
I didn't know this was going to be on so soon - I haven't seen it yet! Did i sound totally naff? It was the day after a big night, so I was woefully hungover...

Back OT, I have a largish car & am happy to take passengers.

Numbers update:

Ms T
Innit
Acechick
PieEye
Me
Eme
Dimples

(also there's a question mark over boys... maybe Hendo, maybe Kublai - although Kublai is wondering if it's ok for boys to be there?)

gaijingirl said:
Numbers update:

Ms T
Innit
Acechick
PieEye
Me
Eme
Dimples

(also there's a question mark over boys... maybe Hendo, maybe Kublai - although Kublai is wondering if it's ok for boys to be there?)

I doubt hendo will come if he's the only boy -- and I'm not keen on driving by myself. I was under the impression that boys were coming for the beer and the walking and definitely the bitching, if not the stitching. ;)

acechick said:
:eek: It's actually a different thing from the french crew (which I understand hasn't been aired in France yet).
I didn't know this was going to be on so soon - I haven't seen it yet! Did i sound totally naff? It was the day after a big night, so I was woefully hungover...

Back OT, I have a largish car & am happy to take passengers.
phew!

I don't think it was the actual documentary - it was a short trailer. But you sounded great and the ritzy knitting session looked fab too!

Ms T said:
I doubt hendo will come if he's the only boy -- and I'm not keen on driving by myself. I was under the impression that boys were coming for the beer and the walking and definitely the bitching, if not the stitching. ;)

Ok.. I shall tell Koobz that.. I think he equated stitch and bitch with girls... I hadn't really thought about it either way to be honest - I just thought whoever wants to come should come.. but I thought I'd better check with everyone else too...

don't have a problem with boys coming - as long as they're into the craft thing... :)

eme said:
don't have a problem with boys coming - as long as they're into the craft thing... :)

Twice now Koobz has asked me to show him how to knit only to flounce when I fell about laughing at his attempts... :oops:

Actually, probably shouldn't have put that on a bulletin board.. he'd kill me... :eek:

My flatmate asked me to show him last night.

He doesn't want to actually make anything though - he just wants to knit. He's a bit funny in the head.

Back
Top Bottom