Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand pwns useless MSNBC Talk show hosts

I used to hate him when he was on big brothers little brother. Look how much he has changed...he musta been Gokked.
SNN13TV3RB-682_1124280a.jpg

it shouldnt surprise you! how you 'take' Russell Brand very much depends on you.

I love Oscar Wilde for the same reasons.:p

Yawning chasm between the two.

Brand has occasional moments when he lines up everything just right, and produces something good. Like anyone, I suppose. But certain parts of his forced foppery and dandyism just doesn't wash.

..... and they didn't do anything here to merit the hassle they got

Lack of homework.
They should have been pre-warned and able to handle Brand a little better.
He is able to show up most mid level tv presenters because of his speed as well as his intellect.

Yawning chasm between the two.

Brand has occasional moments when he lines up everything just right, and produces something good. Like anyone, I suppose. But certain parts of his forced foppery and dandyism just doesn't wash.

that's true. Russell Brand can sometimes be naff and annoying, but there are sparks of genius in there. i think he is on a sincere quest for Truth in his personal life. He also has a gargantuan command of the English language, and is undeniably talented. His idealism and hopeless romanticism is very Wildean, as his foppish artistry. Obviously no one compares to Oscar Wilde but Russell's flamboyance and dandyism is deliberately affected as a homage, i think.

It's a shame that Brand is a Ickeist, definately lowered him in my expectations. That said you're really on to a loser if you look to a jester like him for political or intellectual insight rather than entertainment and amusement. Even with regard to the latter, he's hugely inconsistant: a fairly awful writer, a terrible actor, a variable stand up. As a celebrity personality he's one of the more entertaining and colourful ones and he is usually very funny in interviews. Maybe it's a sorry commentary on our popular culture that he's one its most interesting figures, but there you go.

Big deal. This was a morning talk show, hardly cutting edge politics.

What he did was the equivalent of confounding Richard and Judy.

Still, millions would have been watching. He said more worthwhile things on
one shitty morning show than most would have said on Question Time.

Isn't that Kitty Kat woman, who confuses Brand with a former West German chancellor, the face of BBC news in America?

No Kirsty Wark is she.

His radio 2 and 6music radio shows were the funniest radio i've ever heard, and that includes Steve Penk and Round the Horn. Properly anarchic stauff.

I first got into him on Dancefloor Chart on MTV - where he'd do links to videos by confusing off their head ravers.

In fact, he is on Question Time tonight - lets all watch that and analyse his performance ad nauseum

Why's he on QT? I know it's shit, though not seen it for a while. What's his credentials for being on there. Meeja wank.

I think he plays some of it really well but loses it with his crude comments.
I also think he missed a trick when he had that guy in a corner, he got to dodge his questions because he was given a get out clause from one of his co hosts. I wanted to see brand brush them off and get back on him, but sadly his ego was being polished and he sucked up to that instead.

That was about the only 'professional' move I saw those news anchors perform.

I used to hate him when he was on big brothers little brother.
i thought that was the best tv thing hes done (apart from standup) - not easy to make "pulled down my trousers and pants" a catchphrase - some of his tv stuff has been appalling and best left forgotten.

hes an egomaniac by his own admission... comes across as very manic (in the psychiatric sense) to me

Never liked him til that secret policemans but to do a gig of that magnitude based purely on a letters page of the sun (presumably from that week) AND hitting the mark, takes balls and talent

BoJo has been smart enough to realise that he's not going to be the wacky one tonight and has toned his act down accordingly.

So far.

Back
Top Bottom