Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand pwns useless MSNBC Talk show hosts

meh. nobody came off very good in that (and why did I just waste minutes of my life watching it?) the hosts were unprepared and formulaic and idiotic like they all are, and Brand thinks he's very clever trying to expose people, but imo it just makes him seem insecure - he needs to get the upper hand on those around him, which comes across as defensive/ passive agressive.

Miss Caphat said:
meh. nobody came off very good in that (and why did I just waste minutes of my life watching it?) the hosts were unprepared and formulaic and idiotic like they all are, and Brand thinks he's very clever trying to expose people, but imo it just makes him seem insecure - he needs to get the upper hand on those around him, which comes across as defensive/ passive agressive.

He could have quite easily left some of what he said out of that interview and come over well but he just can't stop himself from being self obsessed, over the top and a little misogynist.

I'm not a fan of his work but I did think that he has improved a lot over the years that he's been a 'big deal' and over the last few years I thought that he had written some very good short pieces about addiction and fame and our attitudes towards it

Having read that link to a one year old 200 word celebrity news story in The Sun about him I've changed my mind

RB rocks. He is one of the few remaining public entertainers with character, intelligence and wit. And the Sachs thing was funny, so there.

He's not perfect (and the Sachs thing was abhorrent), but there's so many vacuous twats in the sleb 'sphere' I can't help but find him genuinely witty and refreshing.

That show reminds me just how 'plastic' US TV really is. I always find it fascinating!

That video just perpetuates the fact that Brand is a complete wanker and nowhere near as funny/intelligent as he thinks he is.

So it's rude to call someone 'he' in their presence (though I'm sure he say's he/she at least once in reference to the others... I'm not watching it again to be sure though), but it's ok to continually call a woman you don't know 'love', highlight that you were ogling down her low cut top and make sexual innuendo to the way she is holding a bottle?? :hmm:

Pretentious twat.

So it's rude to call someone 'he' in their presence (though I'm sure he say's he/she at least once in reference to the others... I'm not watching it again to be sure though), but it's ok to continually call a woman you don't know 'love', highlight that you were ogling down her low cut top and make sexual innuendo to the way she is holding a bottle?? :hmm:

Quite.

I find the OP utterly astonishing, tbh.

He's got this one well wrong.

He could have just gone through the motions in order to promote his upcoming show,
like most sycophants would have done. The fact he managed to mention Bradley Manning
and Edward Snowden on US TV grants him some degree of kudos in my opinion.

SERIOUSLY?? you are seriously using david icke's website as a credible source now (and that is the only place i read anything about this)??

tbh mate i've seen at least one yt video linked where he's shilling for that project of icke's. sadly this is true.

@el-arairah
well i have no love for him whatsoever so don't really care... but really nothing posted so far has made me a "believer" in this particular mud sling.

What evidence then has convinced you to definitively claim that it's a "mud sling"? Let's have a look at it. And on what grounds do you dismiss the three pieces of supporting evidence that demonstrate Brand's love for Icke that i posted?

He could have just gone through the motions in order to promote his upcoming show,
like most sycophants would have done. The fact he managed to mention Bradley Manning
and Edward Snowden on US TV grants him some degree of kudos in my opinion.

Big deal. This was a morning talk show, hardly cutting edge politics.

What he did was the equivalent of confounding Richard and Judy.

I don't see why Alex Jones ranting at Andrew Neil is fucked up and risible but this isn't.

Maybe those MSNBC guys are massive wankers but I don't know them and they didn't do anything here to merit the hassle they got

What evidence then has convinced you to definitively claim that it's a "mud sling"? Let's have a look at it. And on what grounds do you dismiss the three pieces of supporting evidence that demonstrate Brand's love for Icke that i posted?

Terry Wogan had David Icke on his show and I'm sure you are not saying he is a lizarder.

Terry Wogan had David Icke on his show and I'm sure you are not saying he is a lizarder.

Did he have a years long record of bigging up Icke and the theories he propounds when he had him on his show? Brand does. Spot the difference?

Can you tell me what evidence has made you definitively decide this is a 'mud sling' and on what grounds you dismiss the evidence of Brand's support for Icke over an extended period now please?

Yeah but he's given money to him and talked about what a good guy he is and Terry Wogan hasn't, Terry Wogan was actually taking the piss out of him. I'd rather not believe it of him too but there you go.

Did he have a years long record of bigging up Icke and the theories he propounds when he had him on his show? Brand does. Spot the difference?

Can you tell me what evidence has made you definitively decide this is a 'mud sling' and on what grounds you dismiss the evidence of Brand's support for Icke over an extended period now please?

i'll look at your links when i have time. i am not dismissing anything. my issue was with using david icke's own website as your source!

It seems a bit inevitable really. All his New Age chatter leads to this.

there is that. it doesn't sound out of the realms of possibility. but, just cos something "seems like the kind of thing he might do" doesn't mean it's true (as shown with billy connoly story)

It seems a bit inevitable really. All his New Age chatter leads to this.
brown-rice.jpg
250px-Men's_size_10_Sandals.jpg
Yogurt.jpg

i'll look at your links when i have time. i am not dismissing anything. my issue was with using david icke's own website as your source!

You are dismissing things. Look at what you wrote ffs. And i never used Icke's site, i said that he was promoting Icke and another poster posted what appears to be his latest bit of Icke promotion.

Back
Top Bottom