Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

Agree with it too, although looking at the quote on the cover of Neil Strauss's book makes it harder to be nice and reasonable.

51THgSkwIlL.jpg
Fucking hell

I won't hold my breath, if for no other reason than he tends to be far more fickle than fierce at the best of times, let alone when defending himself.

Even if he manages to atone for these sexist sins, I still won't be able to take him seriously unless he zooms in and lingers on subjects rather than being all over the place.

And he better keep doing the Trews till long after it can be cynically written off as a book marketing campaign.

It's all far too Nathan Barley for me, especially right now I am thinking of SugarApe.

He doesn't strike me as someone mature or sensible even compared to someone say in their early 20s. A bit of Luis Suarez about him? But he is in his 40s is he not? We know for a fact he is not a wise man. Charismatic and funny yes to an extent, but also an associate of 'pick up artists' and a new wave of anti-semites. Why are people prepared to ignore this AND invest hope and credibility into such a shady guy? If you were to create a false leader of the disaffected, someone to absorb waves of skepticism and opposition I couldn't create a more suitable person from my imagination than Russell Brand as he currently operates.

Its all been said but not answered. Its silly to keep popping up with the latest Trews. In fact it shows a lack of respect for the argument given the investigation by people on THIS THREAD which has shown him to be a supporter of anti-semitic conspiracy theorists and sexist 'pick up artists'. Its there. Read it and respond and explain if you would have us listen to, trust and respect this man.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/kNot-Entang...-woman-ebook/dp/B00NI9IIUO/ref=cm_rdp_product there's also this, with the usual caveats about taking with a pinch of salt but I am halfway through it now and it seems all too believable given other things I've read, but again, usual caveats apply. I've downloaded a copy in case it gets taken down.

Reading it I actually feel quite sorry for him in some ways, I think he probably needs help not being made into a messiah by the left.

Last edited:
Seems odd that the book uses pseudonyms but the synopsis doesn't.

I know. As I said I can't vouch for the content or anything, someone linked to it on fb, but I suggest people read it, it seems quite believable to me based on all the info in this thread but you never know. Dunno what to make of it tbh.

Its silly to keep popping up with the latest Trews. In fact it shows a lack of respect for the argument given the investigation by people on THIS THREAD which has shown him to be a supporter of anti-semitic conspiracy theorists and sexist 'pick up artists'. Its there. Read it and respond and explain if you would have us listen to, trust and respect this man.

Not sure what to say tbh and the thread is moving too fast for my time limitations. I read his book. He seems to accept his failings. I presume he's calmed down a bit and he now seems to be focused on god, meditation and trying to find some satisfaction in the world that he couldn't find before and seems to crave. I believe he's stopped the drugs. Don't know about the rest. But he knows he's under great scrutiny atm.

So clearly he has a past. But I remind myself that he seems to be doing something worthwhile currently and is probably switching on a lot of younger folk who are not switched on. He certainly doesn't seem to be pushing ideas or concepts promoting womanising or conspiracy theories recently. Not that I've seen.

Not sure what to say tbh and the thread is moving too fast for my time limitations. I read his book. He seems to accept his failings. I presume he's calmed down a bit and he now seems to be focused on god, meditation and trying to find some satisfaction in the world that he couldn't find before and seems to crave. I believe he's stopped the drugs. Don't know about the rest. But he knows he's under great scrutiny atm.

So clearly he has a past. But I remind myself that he seems to be doing something worthwhile currently and is probably switching on a lot of younger folk who are not switched on. He certainly doesn't seem to be pushing ideas or concepts promoting womanising or conspiracy theories recently. Not that I've seen.

This is a perfect example of excusing a bullshit merchant. Stop being so foggy and make a real argument.

He doesn't strike me as someone mature or sensible even compared to someone say in their early 20s. A bit of Luis Suarez about him? But he is in his 40s is he not? We know for a fact he is not a wise man. Charismatic and funny yes to an extent, but also an associate of 'pick up artists' and a new wave of anti-semites. Why are people prepared to ignore this AND invest hope and credibility into such a shady guy? If you were to create a false leader of the disaffected, someone to absorb waves of skepticism and opposition I couldn't create a more suitable person from my imagination than Russell Brand as he currently operates.

Its all been said but not answered. Its silly to keep popping up with the latest Trews. In fact it shows a lack of respect for the argument given the investigation by people on THIS THREAD which has shown him to be a supporter of anti-semitic conspiracy theorists and sexist 'pick up artists'. Its there. Read it and respond and explain if you would have us listen to, trust and respect this man.

Seriously?

A rational person considers primary sources first and foremost and dismisses personal hit pieces for the garbage that they are. It so happens on this topic, Russell Brand's The Trews is the primary source. You're saying his Trews should be ignored and only the silly personal character assassinations on this thread deserve to be discussed?

Are you not aware? Logical fallacies (e.g., ad hominems, guilt-by-association) are used by politicians and the media to divert public attention from issues that matter -- corporate fascism, media propaganda, torture, wars, water hikes, rent hikes, poverty, environmental destruction, etc. These are the issues Russell Brand is raising, and because his audience is growing (more people listen to him than to the media) he constitutes a threat, a threat that must be stopped.

Hence, to suggest that we ignore the Trews and focus on the media hit pieces and gossip it engenders here and elsewhere is to be duped by the elite into doing their bidding. They don't want people to listen to The Trews. That's exactly why people should listen, if for no other reason than to question "what is it 'they' don't want us to hear?" Listen and decide the issues for yourself. Only then will you have an INFORMED opinion on the subject worthy of consideration.

Don't be fooled. THINK.

Russell Brand is not important, the issues he raises on The Trews ARE.

shaman75 has posted a Trews interview that I suggest is more important to hear and consider than all the tabloid silliness on this thread.

bit off-topic, but thought I'd risk it.

Russell Brand is not important, the issues he raises on The Trews ARE.
most of which will have also been covered on urban, probably in considerably more depth than Brand can manage, and with less credulity.

Maybe he's just this generation's version of Mark Thomas or something, but Mark Thomas always seemed to have a bit more about him, a bit more nouse, a bit more substance, like he'd actually deeply research the subjects he was talking about in advance of taking about them. Brand seems to be little more than froth to me, a skim reader at best, without any real ability to do any sort of thorough research

Oh yeah, Russell brand's past use and endorsement of pua shit, some of the worst misogyny that exists on this planet, not a primary source, not at all relevant to a political discussion.

PUA shit, active stuff, has he really and explicitly denounced it, has he learnt that it these views are unacceptable to air in public, or that they are unacceptable, and how do we tell the difference from the outside?

I never want to place myself politically next to someone who views women in the way pua wankers do.

most of which will have also been covered on urban, probably in considerably more depth than Brand can manage, and with less credulity.

Maybe he's just this generation's version of Mark Thomas or something, but Mark Thomas always seemed to have a bit more about him, a bit more nouse, a bit more substance, like he'd actually deeply research the subjects he was talking about in advance of taking about them. Brand seems to be little more than froth to me, a skim reader at best, without any real ability to do any sort of thorough research

Think you are being over fair comparing him to mark Thomas, more the generations Diana Spencer.

BTW what did Brand bring to that interview with M Begg? Apart from framing his questions and interjections around the concept of a dark side.

I see from Twitter this morning that rb has sunk to a new low, worse than associating with racists and fascists, worse than his misogyny and association with misogynist. He interviewed Nick Clegg about drugs last night, and was endorsed (about drug legislation) by clegg :( don't get much lower than that ;)

To be honest I agree with everything that's been said by others about giving people space to change but this isn't a confused kid on a edl demo this is a multimillionaire celeb approaching 40 who has a long association with puas and other very dodgy types, the more I google the worse it gets, denouncing that Julien fella and claiming he didn't know is simply not good enough, he needs to be honest about and make a total retraction. Watch those videos I posted ffs.

Back
Top Bottom