Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Royal lickspittlery: the platinum jubilee edition

These 'tours' are fucking bonkers. Here they are renacting Cool Runnings yesterday followed by jammin'

surely even their toes must curl as they're doing this shit.

55677663-10642103-Prince_William_and_Kate_sit_in_a_bobsleigh_as_they_meet_the_Jama-a-1_1648018842093.jpg

55678593-10642103-Prince_William_and_Kate_play_music_during_a_visit_to_Trench_Town-a-2_1648018847519.jpg

It's all so desperate. The most popular one is producing podcasts for the company which produces a show about how shit is family is (well he's produced one so far for $50m anyway). The queen's about to finally fucking die so these are the last two left in reality. Just embarrassing.

Fucksake why is this (the fucking monarchy, and with even more exasperation and exhaustion in my voice, the bloody empire and the commonwealth etc etc) still a thing?

If this doesn't come to an end entirely during my lifetime I am going to be sorely disappointed.

And for those who want to witter on about benefits to tourism, I believe Versailles does quite well on that score.

It's all so desperate. The most popular one is producing podcasts for the company which produces a show about how shit is family is (well he's produced one so far for $50m anyway). The queen's about to finally fucking die so these are the last two left in reality. Just embarrassing.

The most popular one? WTF have you been smoking. Universally despised more like.

It's a very very low bar. Personally I prefer Wills but the public appears to still prefer the Hewitt one

Which public? I suggest that you don't wander onto squaddie sites, where the general opinion is that if he were to resume his military 'career', the first time he was in front of his men in a live fire situation, it would be his last.

Fucksake why is this (the fucking monarchy, and with even more exasperation and exhaustion in my voice, the bloody empire and the commonwealth etc etc) still a thing?

If this doesn't come to an end entirely during my lifetime I am going to be sorely disappointed.

And for those who want to witter on about benefits to tourism, I believe Versailles does quite well on that score.
Depends on how old you are I suppose, I'm 64 so I'm pretty certain the monarchy is going to outlast me, My grandsons are 5 and almost 2 so I very much doubt it will outlast them. I do think that this couple currently enjoying a free Carribean holiday at the taxpayers expense have a high probability (90%) of being the very last King and Queen of England, sadly I won't get to see it but the boys will I shall leave them an envelope to be opened on the day.
"See Lads, Grandad was right after all"

I've read that the queen cannae walk far anymore, which is always a turning point in any old persons life. But they are definitely missing a trick if they don't get a bejewelled mobility scooter for m'am. Make it a one handed control so she can still wave. Gawd bless her.

powered exoskeleton would be my route her mag chief

Can't believe I am about to sit here and watch 2 urbanites have an argument about which of the royal sprogs is better.

Probably time for me to turn off the PC for a bit and see what else is going on.
the answer is neither one is better. but we could try the nairac test, and mince them both, make burgers out of them and then offer them up on tasting trays in windsor for the definitive answer.

Interested to see whether our street has a jubilee party, as the neighbours who usually organise it are also now our local Covid conspiraloons. Not sure the enthusiasm for turning out will be there this time :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom