Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak's Time is Up

They're not going to get rid of Sunak now, they'll wait until after defeat in the General. I reckon this is Braverman positioning herself for the inevitable post-GE leadership contest.

Laura Kuenssberg: Are Tories resigned to electoral fate under Rishi Sunak?

A former minister says: "There just isn't the impetus to roll the dice one more time." There is no one guiding idea or philosophy that binds the malcontents together either, beyond 'it looks grim, surely we need to do something or else we're out of a job?' And there is no agreed candidate.

If the recession is easing then this certainly helps the Tories, as does the deterrent factor of the rwanda scheme. As awful as that scheme is, it does appear to be deterring :(

If things do start turning around for the Tories I'm not convinced someone as bland and uninspiring as Starmer can pull it back. He's already massively unpopular and only successful off the back of a giant collapse in the Tory vote.

d18fc4d0-1882-11ef-80aa-699d54c46324.png

5119caa0-1880-11ef-b5cc-cb8b8c4cef5a.png

at his wet speech yesterday, didn't Sunak list his smoke-free generation ban as one of this government's many accomplishments for which we should be grateful and re-elect them?
Morduant's just confirmed that it won't be passed into law in the week left before parliament dissolved.

Sunak's legacy. gone. like tears in the rain.

Can someone please clarify what sort pre-election "campaigning" involving a current Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party was taking place back in December 2022?

Tory party Deputy Chairman Jonathan Gullis pictured campaigning with convicted heroin dealer
Read the article again and look for where the word is actually used. It's not saying that in December 2022 there's this picture from a campaign. It mentions two election-related things from 2019 and 2021 and then the peculiar picture of the two from December 2022 is added for no obvious reason

Can someone please clarify what sort pre-election "campaigning" involving a current Deputy Chairman of the Conservative Party was taking place back in December 2022?

Tory party Deputy Chairman Jonathan Gullis pictured campaigning with convicted heroin dealer
I think any outrage or surprise you're trying to muster about finding a senior tory in the company of a convicted drug dealer is confected or manufactured. People who believe in free enterprise like the man gullis is pictured with are surely natural tories

I think any outrage or surprise you're trying to muster about finding a senior tory in the company of a convicted drug dealer is confected or manufactured. People who believe in free enterprise like the man gullis is pictured with are surely natural tories
Free market my arse. I'm sure he is quite in favour of more than a little coercion to facilitate his business interests.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

p.s. obviously applies to both people pictured.

Back
Top Bottom