Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak's Time is Up

iu
More charm and better politics than rs

Most of that is CGT on dividends which are taxed at 20%. Looking through the release, he seems to have paid what he should have.
I heard Gary Gibbon say that "tax experts" that he had spoken with all thought that the summary of Sunak's tax affairs left more questions than answers and that, given what was/not revealed, it was virtually impossible to come to the conclusion that you've offered up.

I heard Gary Gibbon say that "tax experts" that he had spoken with all thought that the summary of Sunak's tax affairs left more questions than answers and that, given what was/not revealed, it was virtually impossible to come to the conclusion that you've offered up.

Which bits are questionable? The figures are correct. You could argue that he should pay more but he doesn't seem to have done anything illegal. The only questionable bits are around some of the US dividend income but the tax on that looks to have been paid too. Which parts are you referring to specifically?

Which bits are questionable? The figures are correct. You could argue that he should pay more but he doesn't seem to have done anything illegal. The only questionable bits are around some of the US dividend income but the tax on that looks to have been paid too. Which parts are you referring to specifically?
you weren't so kind about sunak's tax affairs when last we met

I'm no tax expert and i don't know if you are...but for those that know far more than I do there appear to be many questions raised by what was not released about Sunak's tax affairs.

I'm no tax expert and i don't know if you are...but for those that know far more than I do there appear to be many questions raised by what was not released about Sunak's tax affairs.

Those are questions primarily regarding fund management arrangements. They're valid but I'm not sure why anyone would think they would be explained in a tax statement. The point is, you quoted this 22% figure that's doing the rounds but it's a misleading number because it mostly refers to unearned (dividend) income which is taxed at 20%, rather than income tax. People are looking at it and comparing it to earned income tax, which is incorrect.

"Multi-millionaire Tory voted for CGT cut 8 years ago".

Hardly Stop The Press stuff either, is it?
Don't see what your point is; what's the importance of the time lag?
Surely the point is that information like this helps the electorate to recognise that the tory party only exists to defend wealth

Don't see what your point is; what's the importance of the time lag?
Surely the point is that information like this helps the electorate to recognise that the tory party only exists to defend wealth

The point is that there was a vote on cutting CGT 8 years ago and most, if not all, Tories would have voted with it. The fact that Sunak did and is benefitting from it now is hardly news. You'll also find that Starmer, and many others who got divs from shares benefitted too.

The point is that there was a vote on cutting CGT 8 years ago and most, if not all, Tories would have voted with it. The fact that Sunak did and is benefitting from it now is hardly news. You'll also find that Starmer, and many others who got divs from shares benefitted too.
Needs to be news; can't see the merit in down-playing legislation in their own interest because it happened some time ago.

Back
Top Bottom