Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Remember McDonald's Doing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Before Monopoly?

Jonathan1990

Every Easter for over a decade McDonald's has gone through the Monopoly crazy but a long time ago I remember them doing a similar thing where you won lots of food prizes which was Who Wants To Be A Millionaire but it didn't have all the holidays like Monopoly from what I remember. I think you had to answer 5 questions by scratching them off then scratch the prize. I also remember it been on one of the 2 times I went to London. That means it was either October 1999 or April 2000 as I do remember when I visited there. Subway also did Scrabble another year which was similar to the Monopoly game. I wonder if anyone remembers that too.

Peter Kay has come

Yes I remember it. Had a couple of pals working in McDs at that time who stole me huge handfuls of those piss-easy questions. Just meant I could blow ALL my money on booze and dope for the duration of the offer

Yes it must have been something like March - April 2000 as I do remember walking round London telling my parents to go in McDonald's so they could play the game again.

I think you'll find the monopoly stuff goes back to the early nineties. They may have diverted to millionaire at some point, but they were doing monopoly back when I was still young enough to eat that crap.

I think you'll find the monopoly stuff goes back to the early nineties. They may have diverted to millionaire at some point, but they were doing monopoly back when I was still young enough to eat that crap.

It was when I was a student, about 1991 I think. You didn’t have to make a purchase to get a card due to rules governing competitions/lotteries, so could just go in and ask for one. I had quite a few free bags of chips. Other than this I think I have only ever bought something in McDonalds on two occasions.

Back
Top Bottom