Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

well, there we go. I've no real interest in posting up long-past arguments for PM to pore over, so I'll probably leave it at that.

Roger Helmer doesn't seem very on the ball.

I thought he was very assured as to what the cause of all the evils in the universe is.

In the last year I think the QT bookings department have had a trickier time. Whereas previously it was typically a Tory, a Labour, a Lib Dem and a couple of "neutrals", they now have a lot more SNP on - fair enough in a way, they're the third biggest party in the Commons - but the frequency of UKIP is alarming. I know they're going to be talking about the referendum ad nauseam until the summer, but I'm sure the Greens, Plaid, Sinn Féin, the SDLP et al have opinions on Europe, and we know what UKIP are going to repeat.

Incidentally, I thought Dimbleby was a bit more aggressive than usual, especially with Morgan. To quote Phil in The Thick of It, "It was like watching a lion rape a sheep,... in a bad way".

I suppose having so many of "neutrals" being Telegraph, Mail or Speccy hacks seems to warp the balance of the panels, but then maybe it's representative of the UK electorate being right of what used to be termed the centre.

I thought he was very assured as to what the cause of all the evils in the universe is.

He is. Unfortunately, he's also absolutely wrong!!!

In the last year I think the QT bookings department have had a trickier time. Whereas previously it was typically a Tory, a Labour, a Lib Dem and a couple of "neutrals", they now have a lot more SNP on - fair enough in a way, they're the third biggest party in the Commons - but the frequency of UKIP is alarming. I know they're going to be talking about the referendum ad nauseam until the summer, but I'm sure the Greens, Plaid, Sinn Féin, the SDLP et al have opinions on Europe, and we know what UKIP are going to repeat.

IIRC Dumblebum said something about the Beeb having to give UKIP space because of the size of their turn-out.

Incidentally, I thought Dimbleby was a bit more aggressive than usual, especially with Morgan. To quote Phil in The Thick of It, "It was like watching a lion rape a sheep,... in a bad way".

Dimbleby is often aggressive to the meek and the mild. :)

Just caught up with QT on iplayer boy was Morgan on the ropes over the disability benefits cuts.Thrashing about helplessly.Good points from the audience again I thought.How likely is it that the government can row back from these diabolical cuts given the drastic steps individuals appear to have taken already on the assumption that the government meant what they said?

ETA just spotted the IDS resignation thread.

I'm sure Michael Gove fans are fairly thin on the ground in these parts, but at least he's half decent at bullshitting his way out of such scenarios. Is Morgan simply his puppet, implementing the policies he devised and pissed off the vast majority of the teaching profession with?

I'm sure Michael Gove fans are fairly thin on the ground in these parts, but at least he's half decent at bullshitting his way out of such scenarios. Is Morgan simply his puppet, implementing the policies he devised and pissed off the vast majority of the teaching profession with?
They're all puppets, but some of them pull the strings of the others.

I was wondering where last week's was held in Chelmsford, and it was only on seeing the end credits that I realised it was very close to my house. Yes, I had a Dimbleby near to my front door - surely that's got to send house prices rocketing?

I think there are skeletons in both parties. Chris Bryant probably knows this

ETA: actually now they're finally coming on to it. Anna S embarrasses herself again....

DOUGLAS CARSWELL - MY HERO!!!

iWKad22.jpg

Do the Tories and Labour (any any other parties represented) get a say on who goes on QT? I suspect their respective Malcolms decide, but how's it working with the Tories in the run up to the referendum, given that they're heavily split? If HQ and Cameron/Osborne are still deciding, surely they can find someone more capable than Morgan or Soubry?

Why? They don't give a fuck what happens on QT, and their capable MPs are busy.
While we have had this discussion before where normal question time is concerned, now Cameron has an EU Referendum to win so I would have thought at the moment it does matter that he get a persuasive face on the program.

On the panel are:
Conservative Daniel Hannan MEP,
shadow work and pensions secretary Owen Smith,
Westminster leader of the SNP Angus Robertson,
Green Party peer Baroness Jones and
Dia Chakravarty of the TaxPayers' Alliance.

Lively audience. The Jon Gaunt lookalike is a bit like the embarrassingly thick uncle you only see at christmas time. The woman shouting about libraries was great though but I still wonder why I bother with it as it's so banal really.

Back
Top Bottom