Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

More "what about China?" bollocks from Fraser Nelson last night, although at least he was introduced as the editor of a Tory fanzine, which made a change.

Mods, can we merge this with the much younger QT thread, please?

Is anyone keeping count of the number of GBN presenters they have on QT? Camilla Tominey tonight.

Do you reckon it feels any different for them, knowing there are some people watching them?

That Tory woman has been brainwashed or hypnotized. She keeps trotting out the same spiel several times to different questions and even sounds like she believes it.

That Tory woman has been brainwashed or hypnotized. She keeps trotting out the same spiel several times to different questions and even sounds like she believes it.
Their Malcolms brief them thoroughly before the appearance, so they know they mustn't veer from the party line.

Whereas the panel used to be Tory, Labour, Lib Dem (sometimes subbed for a nationalist if they were outside England), a hack and someone else, it now seems GBN has become the third party of UK politics.

Have to say (unpopular opinion i know) that Bruce is getting better at hosting Question Time.Probably not her own research but she does occasionally seem to have relevant facts to bring to the attention of the panellists.The Tories having fucked up so completely over the last thirteen years one almost wonders how they can still find people willing to present themselves knowing, as they must ,that they will be made to look ridiculous.

Have to say (unpopular opinion i know) that Bruce is getting better at hosting Question Time.Probably not her own research but she does occasionally seem to have relevant facts to bring to the attention of the panellists.The Tories having fucked up so completely over the last thirteen years one almost wonders how they can still find people willing to present themselves knowing, as they must ,that they will be made to look ridiculous.
I have noticed that they only recently seem to have realised that the game is up for the Tories and the audience are openly mocking them (despite being mostly conservative voters) and therefore the programme makers seem slightly more willing to challenge the Tory panellists and allow discussion of the disaster that is Brexit.

OK, thankfully no GBN hack there last night, but around 55 minutes too much Peter Hitchens. Crow-barring climate scepticism into a question about the monarchy should've drawn a rebuke from Bruce, and the rest of the panel.

hmm people arguing if the bishop of coventry should complain about a dehumanising policy

but he being political

it suppose to be a christian country :hmm:

Credit for the Tories mastering AI each week, as their representatives, supposedly an MP, spouts the same tired and often unsubstantiated clichés.

Reactions: Ax^
I can’t watch that show anymore. Apart from the token non-political it’s all talking points. Frustrating. They should be honest and call it ‘Talking Point Time’.

I actually had an idea for a political show called ‘Shocking!’.

The idea is the politician is strapped to an electric chair and all the audience have those electrical devices were if you turn a crank on the side it increases the electricity. One audience member by themselves can only creat a low amount the politician will hardly feel but as the amount of audience members increase the cranking so increases the voltage. If all audience members are furiously cranking then the politician dies.

They are instructed to crank when they feel the politician is lying or evading the question. The audience are from a broad spectrum of the political realm. It’s not by invitation. It’s by bingo balls and it’s written into the contract when you become an MP.

I feel it would incentivize politicians to be more honest.

At least they're honest enough to call it Question Time rather than Answer Time.

Have said but I've been unable to watch it for years or the R4 version. The only one I ever heard that was interesting and informative was when they had four academics on, no politicians. That experiment clearly failed.

I can’t watch that show anymore. Apart from the token non-political it’s all talking points. Frustrating. They should be honest and call it ‘Talking Point Time’.

The idea is the politician is strapped to an electric chair and all the audience have those electrical devices were if you turn a crank on the side it increases the electricity. One audience member by themselves can only creat a low amount the politician will hardly feel but as the amount of audience members increase the cranking so increases the voltage. If all audience members are furiously cranking then the politician dies.

They are instructed to crank when they feel the politician is lying or evading the question. The audience are from a broad spectrum of the political realm. It’s not by invitation. It’s by bingo balls and it’s written into the contract when you become an MP.

1683994451673.png

Haven't seen it in a while, but I'm pretty sure that's the plot to the Doctor Who story Vengeance on Varos, where it's used as a distraction for the TV-addled populace whilst their natural resources are stolen.

Haven't seen it in a while, but I'm pretty sure that's the plot to the Doctor Who story Vengeance on Varos, where it's used as a distraction for the TV-addled populace whilst their natural resources are stolen.
Not seen it. The show is all my own work. I'm going to make millions!

Oh boy, Guto Harri may have plumbed new depths on QT last night.

Blunkett's opening line to the Tory was great: "You voted for Liz Truss!".

Anyone else mega excited about the Brexit special from Clacton tonight? Who knows what the likes of John Redwood, Alastair Campbell and Ben Habib are going to say about the matter?

Anyone else mega excited about the Brexit special from Clacton tonight? Who knows what the likes of John Redwood, Alastair Campbell and Ben Habib are going to say about the matter?
Redwood will tell us what is to blame for Brexit being rubbish (probably nothing more creative than just saying "the blob"). Campbell will deny that Tony Blair is a war criminal. Habib is going to have to explain who he is.

Redwood will tell us what is to blame for Brexit being rubbish (probably nothing more creative than just saying "the blob"). Campbell will deny that Tony Blair is a war criminal. Habib is going to have to explain who he is.
So far, not too far off with that description

Back
Top Bottom