Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pope Francis: 'About 2%' of Catholic clergy paedophiles

weltweit

Pope Francis: 'About 2%' of Catholic clergy paedophiles
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28282050
Pope Francis has been quoted as saying that reliable data indicates that "about 2%" of clergy in the Catholic Church are paedophiles.

The Pope said that abuse of children was like "leprosy" infecting the Church, according to the Italian La Repubblica newspaper.

He vowed to "confront it with the severity it demands".

Some advisers are saying he didn't say this but the implication is 1 in 50 ..
Wonder if he will do a purge of some kind..

"Dirty feckers."

hqdefault.jpg

12 year old girl asks reasonable question of the infallible one...
Glyzelle Palomar......asked the Pope: “Many children get involved in drugs and prostitution. Why does God allow these things to happen to us? The children are not guilty of anything.”

bishop of rome offers her no answer at all...
....the Pope said: “She is the only one who has put forward a question for which there is no answer and she was not even able to express it in words but rather in tears.

and this is the guy who demanded we respect his religion.

I could have answered that for him: the children have done something wrong as they are humans, and therefore carry the sins of Adam. Original Sin is why bad things happen to children and so they should pray to God and beg his forgiveness.

And he persists in demanding the poorest people in the world not to use contraception, thereby ensuring more children are born into poverty!

“Many children get involved in drugs and prostitution. Why does God allow these things to happen to us? The children are not guilty of anything.”

....the Pope said: “She is the only one who has put forward a question for which there is no answer and she was not even able to express it in words but rather in tears.

What's that in the first quote then you fucking div?

RTE documentary tonight about Bishop Eamonn Casey... and the abuse he put his then 5 yr old niece through...and others.... and the cover up that happened. He is dead since

The documentary, Bishop Casey's Buried Secrets, will broadcast on RTÉ One and is now available worldwide on the RTÉ Player​

Ian Elliott, the former CEO of the National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Irish Catholic Church, who has direct knowledge of Patricia Donovan’s complaint against Bishop Casey, tells the RTÉ / Irish Mail on Sunday investigation that he found her account of what she experienced “entirely credible”, describing Bishop Casey as, on balance of probabilities, “an offender, a sexual predator. The fact of the matter is that individuals have come forward and spoken about… numerous sexual activities, some consensual, others not. Many involved very young people. That is wrong and there is no justification for that, and it should have been stopped… Those that have been distressed and hurt should be helped and supported by the Church. That is a major priority.”

Patricia Donovan tells the documentary: “Some of the things he did to me, and where he did them… The horror of being raped by him when I was five, the violence. And it just carried on in that vein… He had no fear of being caught. He thought he could do what he liked, when he liked, how he liked… He was almost, like, incensed that I would dare fight against him, that I would dare try and hurt him, I would dare try and stop him… It didn’t make any difference.”

2019, Galway Diocese informed reporter Anne Sheridan that it had received just one allegation of child sexual abuse against Bishop Eamonn Casey. It has since confirmed that, in fact, it had records at that time of“five people who had complained of childhood sexual abuse against Bishop Casey.”  These independent accusations relate to alleged events in every Irish diocese where Bishop Casey worked.

Bishop Casey’s Buried Secrets also reveals how the Limerick Diocese paid over €100,000 in settlement to one of Bishop Casey’s accusers after Casey’s death. The current Bishop of Limerick, Dr Brendan Leahy, who has access to documents relating to complaints made in his diocese says: “I express deep sorrow and regret to anyone who has been wounded by clerical abuse, including the people referred to in this documentary. They deserve our respect, belief and support. Without commenting on any specific allegation, I have no reason to disbelieve any of the allegations made.”

In an exceptional public statement issued to the documentary, the Vatican confirms, for the first time, that Bishop Casey was formally removed from public ministry in 2007, following “allegations” which, RTÉ has established, included his niece Patricia Donovan’s complaint of child sexual abuse. That restriction continued for the last ten years of his but life but was never publicly disclosed in Bishop Casey’s lifetime.

Casey died in 2017 in a nursing home.

He was untouchable... for too long while in Galway.... But the revelation in 1992 about him having had a relationship with an American woman which started when she was quite young.. and having a son...was one of the first "truths" to come out about him. This also led to investigation into him syphoning funds and there were other allegations of abuse which were kept from different dioceses.

Thoroughly shit man. And those who covered up or moved him on to another diocese in the 80s and 90s...also thoroughly despicable humans.

Finally his niece gets to tell the world what this scumbag was.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom