Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

I thought no-one was allowed to publish polls today.

The broadcasters can not even mention any of yesterday's polls today.

Newspapers can publish polls completed yesterday.

No media is allowed to publish any polls done today, until after 10pm, hence there's only the exit poll.

What's that in old money?
How many of these current Con gain seats voted fairly strongly (higher 50s % or more) to Leave? The ones ive checked all seem to have. And ultimately thats most likely the decisive factor in the election. Getting Brexit Done. No children sleeping on hospital floors is going to change that.
ELdUAK8XUAISrRi
Just showed a map...all the seats they've lost are Leave seats. Simple as that

Round-up of all of the polls that were published yesterday...

View attachment 192693
Take out the 5% outlier and these final polls (plus another later one with a lead of 11) showed leads of 9,9,10,10,11,11,12,12 for an average of 10.5%. The actual lead was 11.2%, IIRC. So in this occasion, you’d have to say the pollsters got it right.

And hopefully we can now put to bed all this nonsense about what unweighted polls show.

Think I’m just going to go to bed around 9:30 with the expectation of waking up disappointed. Tory lead of 80-odd. Core labour vote outside of youthful cities stays in because of rain and Corbyn. Leave voice wants to be heard again.

People who smuggly repost their correct predictions to prove they’re some sort of fucking Nostradamus are mostly attention-seeking twats, aren’t they?

(Tbh My original post was a bit of expectations management, I was supposed to be relieved at waking up and not finding it quite that bad)

Yes, psephologically....thinnnngggggs...can only get worser!

I know you take the piss there :D but I genuinely doubt that :hmm:

The Tories will almost certainly go up even a bit more (and probably for a while as well :( ) after a good-looking Budget, but the only way for those in charge to go longer-term, is surely down ......

Eventually :( :(

Back
Top Bottom