Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

Consistently about 10%. That’s the final answer for polling. I’m fascinated to see how accurate they’re going to be this time.

Fascinated in the same way that a man who has just jumped out of a plane would be fascinated to find out whether his parachute will work?
It’s a good analogy. It always helps to avoid panic to view things as a detached observer...

Think I’m just going to go to bed around 9:30 with the expectation of waking up disappointed. Tory lead of 80-odd. Core labour vote outside of youthful cities stays in because of rain and Corbyn. Leave voice wants to be heard again.

I will base my watching decision on the historically reliable exit poll. I’m not staying up to watch a heavy Tory victory.

I'll probably be in the pub when the exit poll comes out. That'll determine whether I go straight to bed when I get home or not...

I'll watch the exit polls and then probably stay up until about 12, I do this every year, think I'm going to stay up for ages but get tired and fall asleep. Even in 97, I had the radio on when I fell asleep, woke up to a massive cheer (Portillo).

One historical/political thing that was really interesting about was being sat waiting outside the delivery room in the wee smalls chatting/listening to the security guard and a gran discussing how the family planning policy was enforced when they were young.

Back
Top Bottom