Police tactics/reaction to 'illegal' Raves

Poll Removed

• Removed

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Removed

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
okay. enough hostility.
ste9 - don't be daft and ask about how to fight the police on a thread about organising a party :)

It's knobs like you that make it more difficult for the rest of the free party scene.

Smoke grenades and 'warfare' ffs. Why not go the whole hog and surround the whole party with a piranha infested moat? And employ Somalian militia in case the police get through. No harm in ideas!

If you're a researcher you seem to have remarkably little clue or insight on the subject.

okay. enough hostility.
ste9 - don't be daft and ask about how to fight the police on a thread about organising a party :)

I didn't! I just wondered if it had ever been done. Also smoke grenades are completely passive. If the police do decide they want to beat people they could be used as a peaceful deterrent. Just ideas, people. Don't be afraid. I'm just curious. I like thinking about things. Surely u75 isn't going to censor that?

No censorship, just guidance from me right here. Smoke grenades would not be seen as 'passive' or a 'peaceful deterrent'

If things get to the stage where you're fighting/running away from cops, under cover of smoke grenades, then you've already long ago fucked things up.

You need to make your mind up - do you want to have a rave or a riot?

You might be better off going paintballing TBF.......

I don't want ANYONE to get hurt. I want to know everything. I want to be prepared for anything. I want to have considered everything in advance. This is what responsible people do.

Smoke grenades what are you talking about are you tough enough for the
sas rave scene?:rolleyes:.
Unless you get hold of phosphorous grenades which do provide instant smoke and will make people runaway its there just silly and annoying .Easily defeated cops simple walk forward whacking anyone they can .

I don't want ANYONE to get hurt. I want to know everything. I want to be prepared for anything. I want to have considered everything in advance. This is what responsible people do.

If you don't want anyone to get hurt then drop the ideas about cunningly foiling the police in a public order situation.

as Crispy said if it gets to that point it's gone very bad already and there is generally only one winner and it isn't the hordes of keta-warriors stumbling across a field.

enjoy your party :)

smoke grenades LOL are you 15?

your punters are going to go friggin ballistic trampling each other to death. This is not normally seen as a good thing :)

Next question: How many security people do I/we/they need for a party? 1 per 20? 1 per 40? Should they be plain clothed or clearly marked as security?

I don't like people 'pushing' drugs. E.g. Going around and offering them to people, or setting up little stalls and calling out the drugs like they're in a market. If people want drugs, that's fine, they probably already know where to get them, and they can be responsible for what they do to themselves. Are there likely to be problems in politely asking drug pushers to stop pushing? I'm worried that some gang might turn up looking to make a big profit and become upset when they're asked to leave. Is this possible/common? Ideas?

If you don't want anyone to get hurt then drop the ideas about cunningly foiling the police in a public order situation.

as Crispy said if it gets to that point it's gone very bad already and there is generally only one winner and it isn't the hordes of keta-warriors stumbling across a field.

enjoy your party :)

One of the reasons I ask is because if someone does bring grenades, or if someone does start throwing stones at the police, we need to know how to deal with it. We don't want any nasty surprises. We want to have considered all the worst case scenarios. This relates to my next question; how should our security force be equipped and in what numbers? I'm guessing only a tiny percentage of people who attend raves are violent, but it still must be considered.

Ste9 - yes, drug dealers WILL show up and rape your botty.

In fact I am phoning them now.

One of the reasons I ask is because if someone does bring grenades, or if someone does start throwing stones at the police, we need to know how to deal with it. We don't want any nasty surprises. We want to have considered all the worst case scenarios. This relates to my next question; how should our security force be equipped and in what numbers? I'm guessing only a tiny percentage of people who attend raves are violent, but it still must be considered.

smoke less dope fella, seriously.

your party will i imagine be about 50 people who all know each other dancing round a fairly small PA and having a good time.

Your not planning a resurrection of the Moots or a Multirigger/Teknival and none of those have security anyway.

If you are planning anything at all apart from winding people on here up ;)

smoke less dope fella, seriously.

your party will i imagine be about 50 people who all know each other dancing round a fairly small PA and having a good time.

Your not planning a resurrection of the Moots or a Multirigger/Teknival and none of those have security anyway.

If you are planning anything at all apart from winding people on here up ;)

I assure you, this isn't a wind-up. If you don't have any useful info/answers to my questions, then, please, don't bother posting. If this thread upsets you, then maybe stop reading it?

Thanks again to all those that _are_ posting useful information. Keep it coming.

err. Why so hostile? I'm just looking for information. Don't be afraid of ideas!

All the good ideas are contained within Free Spirit's lengthy posts near the beginning of the thread... reread them perhaps?

You should definitely checkout the squatjuice forums though, you'll get a lot of information there I suspect :)

I assure you, this isn't a wind-up. If you don't have any useful info/answers to my questions, then, please, don't bother posting. If this thread upsets you, then maybe stop reading it?

Thanks again to all those that _are_ posting useful information. Keep it coming.

Tell you what, why don't you get one of the organisers here to post here. Sure that would be more constructive. Because it's becoming increasingly clear that you're a daft chuffmonkey whose ideas and approach are likely to lead to more harm than good.

If this isn't a wind-up you'd be better advised to leave this to someone who's got a bit of common sense.

I already told you, I am NOT an organiser. I'm just a spokesperson/researcher. My role is to approach this problem with an empty mind and try to understand the details. This is why I ask a lot of questions. This is why I ask for precedents.

Well done, you've succeeded ... :D :p

All the good ideas are contained within Free Spirit's lengthy posts near the beginning of the thread... reread them perhaps?

You should definitely checkout the squatjuice forums though, you'll get a lot of information there I suspect :)

I have re-read them many times over. They are great posts as I acknowledged before. However, they do not answer all of my questions.

Tell you what, why don't you get one of the organisers here to post here. Sure that would be more constructive. Because it's becoming increasingly clear that you're a daft chuffmonkey whose ideas and approach are likely to lead to more harm than good.

If this isn't a wind-up you'd be better advised to leave this to someone who's got a bit of common sense.

I speak on their behalf. You don't seem to understand. I'm not advocating anything. I'm not recommending anything. I simply seek information. Ideas are just ideas. I don't believe in censorship. If someone reads this thread, and then does something stupid, that's their own stupid fault. Be responsible. Don't ask us to babysit you, cos we won't.

Back
Top Bottom