Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Wonder if these are any good. On sale for £127 (excluding VAT)

cr912_primary.jpg

You should buy one and report back.

I'm assuming it's possible to build a pizza oven yourself as long as it's outdoors - a DIY job indoors would obviously present safety issues in terms of fire and carbon monoxide and would no doubt need some sort of safety inspection, but I imagine in the garden it is more feasible to look up how to do it on youtube and get some bricks or something...

(EDIT to add: assuming a basic level of competence at DIY of course!)

I apologise for actually having both a garden and a combination chiminea/pizza oven which I treated myself to earlier in the year for outdoor entertaining. I've had a few goes and it does make really good pizza but I haven't nailed it yet I think. The thinner the base the better, and it seems to be quite forgiving in terms of when you start the dough off etc.

For the sauce I'm just chucking a carton of passata into a muslin strainer thing to strain off excess liquid.

Any pro pizza making tips gratefully received, specially sourdough.

I have found that making pizza for more than a couple of people is a bit tedious, like making pancakes for people, because you can only make one at a time so you're faffing about rather than relaxing with your friends.

Don't apologise! Jealous as hell of course, but nothing to be apologetic about :)

Sounds awesome, I would imagine pracitse counts for a lot when it comes to pizza making :)

I apologise for actually having both a garden and a combination chiminea/pizza oven which I treated myself to earlier in the year for outdoor entertaining. I've had a few goes and it does make really good pizza but I haven't nailed it yet I think. The thinner the base the better, and it seems to be quite forgiving in terms of when you start the dough off etc.

For the sauce I'm just chucking a carton of passata into a muslin strainer thing to strain off excess liquid.

Any pro pizza making tips gratefully received, specially sourdough.

I have found that making pizza for more than a couple of people is a bit tedious, like making pancakes for people, because you can only make one at a time so you're faffing about rather than relaxing with your friends.
The trick is to catch the inevitable few who are fascinated by the process, and delegate them, subtly so they don't notice, to cooking duties. Problem solved. Likewise, for pizza prep chefs... :)

I like this idea ^

You could just hold a pizza making contest party and sit back with a bottle of your preferred tipple while other folks make pizza :)
I have thought this before - just make a load of dough and sauce, provide assorted toppings and let others get stuck in. Someone needs to take on fire stoking duties as well. Like a barbecue really. This does mean that you need a good outdoor prep surface and daylight though.

I have thought this before - just make a load of dough and sauce, provide assorted toppings and let others get stuck in. Someone needs to take on fire stoking duties as well. Like a barbecue really. This does mean that you need a good outdoor prep surface and daylight though.

Might be a welcome relief to have a get together with friends maybe next summer - if by then it will be possible to have an outdoor gathering - and I imagine folks who don't have a pizza oven of their own would probably be chuffed to have a go at it :)

I've read some very mediocre reviews on this thing.

Lidl is very good at lots of things, its fresh (and frozen for that matter) pizzas, ive never thought was one of them.

Thanks, I'll have a look at reviews and save my money - it's quite a lot of money for a supermarket pizza (well more than I would usually spend on one anyway) tbf! I just liked the idea of it :D

Ah christ - now pizza hut is not the best but it is fairly cheap and there is one across the road - am kind of tempted. (Oh deliveroo exclusive)

Back
Top Bottom