Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Just like yorkshire pudding, Cornish pasties, cream teas, haggis etc.
If there is one thing where you can look to the source for the best, its Italy for pizza.
it should be kept traditional, quality ingrediants and simple.

Just like yorkshire pudding, Cornish pasties, cream teas, haggis etc.
If there is one thing where you can look to the source for the best, its Italy for pizza.
it should be kept traditional, quality ingrediants and simple.
Your comparisons are fatuous. Pizza is one of those universal take out meals that are available all round the world. Not so with your examples.

The best Thai food ive eaten has been in Thailand, the best Vietnamese in Viet Nam and so it goes on....the best pizza and best rissoto is made/cooked in Italy.
Dominos, pizza hut, pizza express pizzas do not compare.

I keep getting emails from Gozney who make pizza ovens, anyone know anything about them? I'm not thinking of buying one, just curious.

What are the other toppings on that? Looks like it has chicken or summat. If it is just chillies I will get one for OH but if it has meat then he'll have to continue putting chillies on plain cheese pizzas :D

EDIT: Yeah I looked up the ingredients, it has chicken. Nice of them to mark that clearly on the packaging.

Also why are they making pizzas in Italy for sale in Iceland, hasn't the food miles thing properly sunk in yet? It's pizza dough, not a plant that requires an 8 month summer to produce fruit...

Dr Oetker's pizza is made in Lancashire, and exported to Italy. Apparently, it's the favourite brand of frozen pizza there.

How good is Dr Oetker's pizza?

Madness, innit? :D

I thought it was a German company tbh! They do a good variety of baking and cake decorating products.
I am not a massive fan, I find the base a bit too cardboard and the toppings underwhelming. The mushroom one is ok but largely that it is because it is quite salty

Back
Top Bottom