Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

I discovered yesterday my local is doing a pint of Moretti and a 10' pizza ( cheese and tomato , meat feast or pepperoni) for £6.90. It's not bad either , but if you want to keep drinking you have to have a little bit left on your plate in case the lockdown police come in.

Pourable pizza dough Badgers? You should give it a try and report back. It does look like a large pikelet when it's being cooked though.

The bloke has a weird way of speaking which is quite distracting though.

Ingredient list here.

Square pizzas seem wrong.

0_DJ_MEN_101220fourside_03jpeg.jpg

moose

This is pretty much the original pizza, it is vegan

When I was last in Italy, most pizzas were served similar to this - fancy ones with the addition of sliced mushrooms, olives, or artichoke. Of course you do get pizzas with cheese (a fine margherita is a thing of beauty, with a little cheese taking the stage) and/or meat too, but at its most traditional and ancient a pizza is a vegan dish. Not something loaded with multiple cheeses and inherently dairy-heavy.

I was watching Anthony Bourdain at Noma and got the idea that wood fire pizzas made with specific tomatoes, flour and mozarella with an oven made in Napoli that costs $25,000 might just be a racket. None of the ingredients are hard to obtain or make locally.

It's probably good that they've introduced a lot of independent places but the big doughy burnt crusts and soggy middle pizzas won't be the thing forever.

The best pizza I had was in Rome, square/rectangle and sold by weight. There's already a place in Manchester that does them, Slice. This place looks like a good addition.

Is that Fresh Slice on Stephenson Square? The shop logo looks like a Fresh Lice when you look at it...

Never seen the place open so it may not be the place.

Yea, they (used to) open late aswell for post pub/club crowds. Decent takeaway food for pissheads.

Looking at Google it seems they were closed for a while and had planned to reopen in February but now closed for good :(

I could watch videos of food machinery all day (and frequently do!)
I also like the old fashioned ones that just vend rather than make - particularly the fresh bread ones you get in France outside bakeries when they're shut, and the crazy FEBO automats in Amsterdam.

I could watch videos of food machinery all day (and frequently do!)
I also like the old fashioned ones that just vend rather than make - particularly the fresh bread ones you get in France outside bakeries when they're shut, and the crazy FEBO automats in Amsterdam.
I love videos of food factories - reminds me of playschool. Something quite soothing about them.

Had one of these this evening. Bit pricey at £5.50 for a own oven pizza thingy but the OH was being a bit snobby about the cheaper ones that were in the £5 meal deal thingy so we ended up spending £16 on pizza and booze! 🤷‍♂️
8307E439-2762-40E3-961C-32F9BF7A696D.jpeg

It was quite nice anyway.

Back
Top Bottom