Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

5357106887_85f945b76e.jpg

it was lovely. :cool:

that looks fucking lush :cool:

Tesco ones are pretty tasteless, the only way to improve them is with loads of chilli.

The cheap (value?) ones? They're like bigger versions of those strange child sized pizzas that came stacked in a bag for the freezer. Used to love them as a kid.

The cheap (value?) ones? They're like bigger versions of those strange child sized pizzas that came stacked in a bag for the freezer. Used to love them as a kid.

No, I haven't tried those - they are probably OK for what they are. I mean their so-called 'Finest'.

I lived in Italy for a short time, in a non-touristy part (think Italian equivalent of Crawley), and the super-popular-with-the-locals place did chips pizza. For srs a big cheesy thing with skinny fries sticking out of it.

I lived in Italy (Parma) for a year and I definitely, 100% saw skinny chip pizza! Not in restaurants but in stalls which sold pizza.

Why would 5t3lla make that up ffs? :D

Just doing my first pizza from scratch for lunch now. It's in the oven so we will see what happens in the next 25 minutes.

I had an idea on Christmas Day - what about a Christmas dinner pizza?

Turkey, bacon, sausage, stuffing and sprout leaves, dotted with cranberries!

I will have to try it.

if you can be arsed making the dough, there's no reason really.

Yeah but that only took three minutes. Flour, yeast, water, a little stir, a little tug and it was done. I feel a bit cheated that I have ever paid for pizza from shops. I'm deffo going to try some more exciting recipes (toppings). It's extraordinarily easy, cheap and tasty.

I think the one I made yesterday was too big though, I still have loads left after feeding a family of three, and snacking on it later. In fact I think I will have a slice now.

I can never get the base crispy, it always comes out as a big lump of mushy dough.

What am I doing wrong?

I can never get the base crispy, it always comes out as a big lump of mushy dough.

What am I doing wrong?

I have only done one and it worked fine. Did you put a spoon of sugar in the dough?
I cooked some of my veg first so that is didn't make the dough soggy.

Have you got a pizza stone?

Yep, but not sure I'm doing it right - you have to heat it from cold in the oven to stop it cracking, but how do you get the pizza onto the hot stone? You have to roll it out first and add toppings, which doesn't lend itself to picking and placing the pizza.

Even then, it doesn't crisp up.

I suspect dough problems.

I have only done one and it worked fine. Did you put a spoon of sugar in the dough?
I cooked some of my veg first so that is didn't make the dough soggy.

Nope, no sugar.

I'll try different ratios for the dough.

Do you use a stone or a baking tray? Obvious benefit of the tray is you can 'build' the pizza on it and put straight into the oven.

Just doing my first pizza from scratch for lunch now. It's in the oven so we will see what happens in the next 25 minutes.

Your pics look ok, but 25 mins? The ones I make take 10 minutes max on the top shelf of the oven up as high as it can go.

Do you use a stone or a baking tray? Obvious benefit of the tray is you can 'build' the pizza on it and put straight into the oven.

You build it straight onto a pizza stone too don't you?
I had a pizza stone but it kept cracking. After several replacements cos I complained I discovered that apparently you can only use it once per session iyswim. They were better on the stone, but one pizza is never enough.

Your pics look ok, but 25 mins? The ones I make take 10 minutes max on the top shelf of the oven up as high as it can go.

You build it straight onto a pizza stone too don't you?
I had a pizza stone but it kept cracking. After several replacements cos I complained I discovered that apparently you can only use it once per session iyswim. They were better on the stone, but one pizza is never enough.

I was told you're supposed to heat it up in the oven from cold, and putting it straight into a hot oven will crack it. So you either have to put the stone and pizza into a cold oven and ramp up, or put a pre-prepared pizza onto a hot stone. Or make the pizza on a hot stone very, very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom