Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

That's not a true pizza - ask the Italians, an authentic pizza has a thin, slightly crusty base, not a mound of bulging stodge.

That, you culinary philistine, is an American bastardised version of a pizza.

The worst pizza I have ever eaten was in Italy, and the bastardised verison is far better. The italians may have invented it but the rest of the world has perfected it.

Dominics pizza, love it :D

You know who do surprisingly good frozen pizza? Lidl :hmm:

They have an incredible range of pizza, I love the 3 salami pizzas in a box for about £3. I have a Lidl in walking distance may have to go and get some for tea.

cockshite
there's no accounting for taste, whatever your nationality

:facepalm: Such a serious response.

Chip pizza doesn't indicate taste, it doesn't even make the charts. Most likely there was an anomaly going on at that place, maybe a lot of foreign college kids working during the summer.

The worst pizza I have ever eaten was in Italy, and the bastardised verison is far better. The italians may have invented it but the rest of the world has perfected it.

The worst spaghetti I've eaten was in Italy, (not from a can). The rest of the world did not perfect the pizza. That's just nonsense.

The best paella I've ever eaten was in Aberystwyth fwiw. Spanish chef mind.

Truth is, it's hard to get away from the mantra 'simplicity is best' when it comes to pizza. Top ingredients on a well made base, put in very, very hot oven for a short time and that's about as good as it gets for me.

Oh come on even cheese on toast is improved with a dash of Worcestershire sauce, are you saying that a pizza is not significantly improved with the addition of some sliced onions, a few peppers? Bit of chicken or beef there? BBQ sauce? Come on! I'll let you off with just pepperoni, but thats a favour ok? Speak not of margaritas on this thread again :mad:

completely agree - anyone who orders a margarita is a bit limp

its all about the sauce on a pizza, and that suace should be authentic, and the base should be pretty thin and cooked in a wood-fired oven. The sauce should be roasted tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and hint of anchovies.

:facepalm: Such a serious response.

Chip pizza doesn't indicate taste, it doesn't even make the charts. Most likely there was an anomaly going on at that place, maybe a lot of foreign college kids working during the summer.

Noope. It was Potenza - ordinary small town. Got a uni like Bedford's got a uni.

Wtf do you know about Italians and what they like to eat? It's like a Ukranian assuming Brits eat fish n chips every day little realising the national dish is curry or Cheeky Chicken.

its all about the sauce on a pizza, and that suace should be authentic, and the base should be pretty thin and cooked in a wood-fired oven. The sauce should be roasted tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and hint of anchovies.

There doesn't have to be any 'sauce'

keep yer knickers on love

were they ever on? :D

can't be arsed bickering about actual pizza vs greasy cheese and tomato bread but one bears little resemblance to an actual pizza. reckon i'll get a pizza on my rider tonight- il bacio sapore d'estat: italian pizza from proper oven with egg, anchovie, avocado and olives :cool:

nonsense. sometimes it's nice to keep it simple. if you're fussed about authenticity, margaritas are safe.

i do think its nice to keep it simple, but most pizzas already have tomato sauce and cheese.They are already margaritas, why not add something else, even if it is just one thing. Its very effective.

So, given I have a Tesco Margherita Pizza, what could I splodge on it to make it a bit more tasty ?

(lacto-pesco-vegetarian)

Noope. It was Potenza - ordinary small town. Got a uni like Bedford's got a uni.

Wtf do you know about Italians and what they like to eat? It's like a Ukranian assuming Brits eat fish n chips every day little realising the national dish is curry or Cheeky Chicken.

I bet you do eat fish and chips everyday if you're honest.

So, given I have a Tesco Margherita Pizza, what could I splodge on it to make it a bit more tasty ?

(lacto-pesco-vegetarian)

onion (even better if its fried first), a little parmesan and herbs. a little chilli oil, balsamic on the side and black pepper.

i do think its nice to keep it simple, but most pizzas already have tomato sauce and cheese.They are already margaritas, why not add something else, even if it is just one thing. Its very effective.

What's hard to add is the wood-fired stone oven. The best pizza I've ever had only had a tiny square of cheese on top, tomato paste, lots of olive oil drizzled after it left the oven and I think some basil.

What's hard to add is the wood-fired stone oven. The best pizza I've ever had only had a tiny square of cheese on top, tomato paste, lots of olive oil drizzled after it left the oven and I think some basil.

sounds divine. But even better with some roasted peppers

5357106887_85f945b76e.jpg

it was lovely. :cool:

i just had a frozen pizza made by someone who claimed to be a doctor. this of course made it even more disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom