Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Are we talking about Franco Manca?

I had lunch there yesterday, a public school pair were sat beside me (I know they were cos they were talking about when they were at school). It was such a novelty that I was fair distracted from my food. They weren't twats though.

Franco Manca has rather spoiled any other pizza for me.

The worst pizza I ever ate was in Chicago, a city famous for its pizzas.

I have to say, I do like a Frankie & Benny's pizza, they put some kind of crack in them I think, and they're lovely and thin.

i very dare you to eat pizza in the pantheon. you'd be at the very least handbagged by a bunch of nuns and almost certainly violently ejected

I like mine with a barbecue sauce base instead of a tomato sauce one. Theres a woman in my local asda who smears it on just how i like it.

Was it a proper base? thin & slightly crusty, just the way Nero liked it? Or some heretical, Americanised abomination more at home in Greggs than the Pantheon? :(

The goats cheese one was thin and the other one thick bit they are not as doughy as pizza hut or other suches.
Sorry

there is no good pizza near streatham.
i experienced it's attempts at it last week. the pizza didn't have any tomato sauce on it. it really was just cheese on toast, not even of a posh or vaguely tasty sort :mad:
so yeah. don't try ohho chicken and pizza.

there is no good pizza near streatham.
i experienced it's attempts at it last week. the pizza didn't have any tomato sauce on it. it really was just cheese on toast, not even of a posh or vaguely tasty sort :mad:
so yeah. don't try ohho chicken and pizza.

ah nuts. the curry place near me is rubbish, too.

...score! i have one(1) beer! screw you, food.

Where's papa john's?

Last night we ordered from the branch on Norwood Road.
It was BOGOF so got two fairly big pizzas for about £15-16.

Told it would be about 40 minutes and it arrived about 70 minutes after ordering. The pizzas were very average, no different from a Domino's in my opinion. There were pretty dry in terms of sauce and toppings and almost stone cold. Should have complained but it was late and did not want to wait another 30/40/50/60/70 minutes in the hope that a replacement would be hot and better.

They are franchised but I might contact the West Norwood branch today just to log my displeasure. Perhaps they will offer something but I doubt we will order from there again.

:(

After all the talk of pizza it hurt.

I never order pizzas to be delivered - they are ridiculously expensive. I buy some cheap frozen ones (Goodfellas or Morrisons or Co-op own brand, which have a nice base) and add my own toppings (chorizo, olives, dried chillies). Better than Dominos anytime (not that they will deliver here anyway, we have Dominics pizza :rolleyes:)

If I go out for pizza I go to a place called Fratellis which has any pizza or pasta dish for a fiver at lunchtime or early evening.

Oh and pineapple ftw. :D

But then I like my jacket potato with cheese and pineapple. And garlic butter.

I lived in Italy for a short time, in a non-touristy part (think Italian equivalent of Crawley), and the super-popular-with-the-locals place did chips pizza. For srs a big cheesy thing with skinny fries sticking out of it.

Back
Top Bottom