Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

The last instructions I posted weren’t the best, a bit confusing looking at them now. Quickly written some simplified ones below. Dough can be made with normal yeast (have estimated amount below) but sourdough will be defiantly be better

Dough for 5-6 pizzas
850g bread flour
550g Water
75g sourdough or 6g instant yeast
14g salt (this could be increased up to 21g (1.5%),
8g sugar
Grill
Hob (pref gas)
Heavy Frying pan (not non-stick)

• Briefly mix together ¾ of the flour with the water and sourdough (or yeast) in a bowl with a wooden spoon (will be pretty wet) and leave for 15 minutes.
• Then mix together the rest of the flour with the salt and sugar and slowly mix into the dough in the bowl
• Knead the dough for 10 odd minutes to get all everything incorporated and so the dough starts to feel it is coming together (the dough will still be pretty wet ,dust your hands and the surface with flour if it sticks too much)
• Put the dough in a bowl big enough the dough can rise 2x, wrap with cling film and put in fridge for 3-5 days
• I then look how much the dough has risen and decide how long to take it out of the fridge before cooking (experience will help here), its usually about 3hr somewhere warm in the bowl, the dough should be well proved and fairly easy to handle (it is still pretty wet, first few times my pizzas were not that round at all!).
• About 40 – 80 minutes before you want to cook (depending on how hot your kitchen is) take the dough out cut into 5-6 pieces, shape to balls and rest a tea towel over them
• Get all toppings ready and turn on grill and hob (full blast) and put heavy frying pan on hob
• Shape the dough to slightly small than the pan (it will get bigger when you transfer) and when pan is hot carefully pickup and place in pan
• Put toppings on pizza
• When bottom of pizza is cooked to desired doneness (can check with spatula) put pizza under grill until top finished
• Enjoy tasty pizza

Am thinking about setting up a food stall if I can find some cheap equipment on ebay

Back in the game with a 3 day ferment sour dough!

Margherita - real test of a dough
yWQuDOJ.jpg

'Turkish' Pizza with spicy lamb sausage, feta + mozzarella, aubergine, olives, sumac, parsley and cacik - was really good combo
kPDRgVi.jpg

Pretty good structure, may try a 5 day ferment next time, should get bigger bubbles and more charring
Ox67WTz.jpg

Have I asked you to marry me yet?

I made pizza last night for a date, and as my mind was on other things I neglected to take photos. Today, I had left over dough but no tomato or mozerella. So I improvised something with char grilled veg, potato, anchovies, capers and pamesan. fuck me.

WP_003038_zps8e86d343.jpg
If someone served me a pizza with that much Jamie Oliver in it, I'd kill them.

arent pizzas supposed to be kept as simple as possible, with around three toppings? Not that there are hard and fast rules, but im starting to think the margarita really is the definition of a pizza.

arent pizzas supposed to be kept as simple as possible, with around three toppings? Not that there are hard and fast rules, but im starting to think the margarita really is the definition of a pizza.

It's a start...

But yes, properly done, it should be all you need. When it's a bit boring and you need to whack loads more stuff on then you're doing it wrong.

That said I love a pizza with loads of meat and peppers and all sorts of stuff on it. However, those 'Pizza Pie's' I cannot fathom. I mean look at them. It's the antithesis of pizza. It's...it's like eating a bowl of dressing with some salad leaves on top, or a plate of hundreds and thousands with a scoop of ice cream in the middle. It's just so wrong :(

Dan-Lepards-deep-pan-pizz-008.jpg

It's a start...

But yes, properly done, it should be all you need. When it's a bit boring and you need to whack loads more stuff on then you're doing it wrong.

That said I love a pizza with loads of meat and peppers and all sorts of stuff on it. However, those 'Pizza Pie's' I cannot fathom. I mean look at them. It's the antithesis of pizza. It's...it's like eating a bowl of dressing with some salad leaves on top, or a plate of hundreds and thousands with a scoop of ice cream in the middle. It's just so wrong :(

But...that looks really nice... :oops:

It's a start...

Yeh, true, all dat!!! I'm not that snobby with pizza, but the tomato sauce has got to be good. I have not gotten into making pizzas yet, but admire people on here, and will do one of these days. would also totally eat that ^^^:thumbs:

I feel like a heathen popping in to say I had one of the Tesco Pizzeria one's tonight. But I was feeling so lazy when I got in from my 7 day shift I still almost ordered takeaway then wait for the oven to warm up and put it in. It's pretty tasty though in the BBQ Chicken form. :)

Was going to add extra cheese as I normally do to store purchased ones, but I am supposed to half watching what I eat and it's got 800 kcals to start with. :(

BBQ sauce on a pizza?

Is it ever correct? Is there a set of topping that are complimented by BBQ over tomato?

BBQ%20Chicken%20Pizza.jpg
Of course it's correct. But it ought to be a BBQ base rather than a tomato base with an afterthought of BBQ sauce over the top.
Chicken, bacon and BBQ sauce. Red onions peppers and sweetcorn optional. Mmmmmm.

Damn. I want pizza now.
For breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom