Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Back to the Iceland pizza. My phone ran out of battery and I got busy so no pics :mad:

I went into the purchase as a doubting Thomas. The claim 'better than takeaway' is still false advertising but I have to admit the pizza is not half bad. The sort of 'takeaway' you would get from a second rate franchise and not complain.

It was a little heavy on dough and light on cheese but actually not bad. The 'pan style base' was not greasy but not the usual dry crap you get from frozen.

For £2 it is a bloody good pizza. For £4 it would be acceptable. Any more than that I would feel a bit ripped off. Probably not enough to go back and demand a refund though.

The warm dipping sauce actually was pretty good. I do like a bit of sauce (Encona or such) for the drier crust area but never considered a warm sauce. I will in the future though.

While this pizza is £2 I recommend giving it a go. It won't change your life but it was perfectly good pizza. Given the vendor and my general experience of frozen pizza I thought it was good.

I bought pizza's from iceland yesterday and missed them. :(

i dunno if i already posted this on this thread somewhere but: in Mexico whenever people get pizza they will always put salsas on it, hot sauce like tabasco of course, but also "salsa inglesa" (english sauce)... and do you know what salsa inglesa is? It is worcester sauce. they can't get enough of it on pizzas over there

rutabowa said:
i dunno if i already posted this on this thread somewhere but: in Mexico whenever people get pizza they will always put salsas on it, hot sauce like tabasco of course, but also "salsa inglesa" (english sauce)... and do you know what salsa inglesa is? It is worcester sauce. they can't get enough of it on pizzas over there

Worcestershire sauce goes with everything.
I love those little rotted anchovies :)

looks like i'm back, yo.

10761588245_a53eb37472_c.jpg

Back in the game with a 3 day ferment sour dough!

Margherita - real test of a dough
yWQuDOJ.jpg

'Turkish' Pizza with spicy lamb sausage, feta + mozzarella, aubergine, olives, sumac, parsley and cacik - was really good combo
kPDRgVi.jpg

Pretty good structure, may try a 5 day ferment next time, should get bigger bubbles and more charring
Ox67WTz.jpg

Back in the game with a 3 day ferment sour dough!

Margherita - real test of a dough
yWQuDOJ.jpg

'Turkish' Pizza with spicy lamb sausage, feta + mozzarella, aubergine, olives, sumac, parsley and cacik - was really good combo
kPDRgVi.jpg

Pretty good structure, may try a 5 day ferment next time, should get bigger bubbles and more charring
Ox67WTz.jpg

That looks amazing.

Do you have any instructions for the dough you can post up.

Back
Top Bottom