Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

It is on...

£2 for this 'better than takeaway' pizza from Iceland.

20131012_122257.jpg

This is part of the 'Posh Grub' range from Iceland. A wood fired bolognese meatball pizza with dipping sauce.

With tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, diced seasoned tomatoes, bolognese sauce, beef meatballs and Italian style dipping sauce. The finest selected ingredients for a genuinely delicious taste.

Produced and packaged in Italy.

Cook from frozen
Preheat oven to gas mark 7
Cook for twenty minutes

When pizza is ready empty dip :hmm: into a microwaveable dish for 30 seconds before serving.

joustmaster said:
that pizza doesn't look too bad for £2

I am fairly certain this is a launch price, not the going rate.

Anyway. It is in a Lincat professional oven. I tested and am checking the temperature with a Polder digital oven thermometer to ensure that this one goes by the numbers.

cheers mate.:cool:

I doubt i can find that flour in Ireland though (was in a superposh Italian delicatessan shop today and didnt see any flour...do ya reckon plain flour will work?)

You will defo be able to find bread flour in Ireland! But, yes you could use plain flour. It won't be as good, though. If you do use plain flour, then you should leave it for longer. So where it says leave it for an hour, I'd do two - probably.

Any supermarket should sell bread flour though. It might be called "strong flour" as well.

You will defo be able to find bread flour in Ireland! But, yes you could use plain flour. It won't be as good, though. If you do use plain flour, then you should leave it for longer. So where it says leave it for an hour, I'd do two - probably.

Any supermarket should sell bread flour though. It might be called "strong flour" as well.

I have wheat flour, and plain flour. Havent seen 'bread flour' in an Irish supermarket and i spend a LOT of time in supermarkets these days looking after the olds....:D:cool:.

Thanks tho, mucho appreciente :)

Back to the Iceland pizza. My phone ran out of battery and I got busy so no pics :mad:

I went into the purchase as a doubting Thomas. The claim 'better than takeaway' is still false advertising but I have to admit the pizza is not half bad. The sort of 'takeaway' you would get from a second rate franchise and not complain.

It was a little heavy on dough and light on cheese but actually not bad. The 'pan style base' was not greasy but not the usual dry crap you get from frozen.

For £2 it is a bloody good pizza. For £4 it would be acceptable. Any more than that I would feel a bit ripped off. Probably not enough to go back and demand a refund though.

The warm dipping sauce actually was pretty good. I do like a bit of sauce (Encona or such) for the drier crust area but never considered a warm sauce. I will in the future though.

While this pizza is £2 I recommend giving it a go. It won't change your life but it was perfectly good pizza. Given the vendor and my general experience of frozen pizza I thought it was good.

cheers mate.:cool:

I doubt i can find that flour in Ireland though (was in a superposh Italian delicatessan shop today and didnt see any flour...do ya reckon plain flour will work?)

Plain flour will be ok. The optional semolina makes a nice difference though.

Back
Top Bottom