Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Asda are doing Goodfellas thin and crispy pizza for £1 at the moment.

Margherita
Ham & Pineapple
Chicken Supreme
Pepperoni

We made pizza today. It's the first time anything I've done with a bread/dough has ever worked for me. hurrah! The base was light and fluffy with proper bubbles and a crispy bottom.
I might attempt bread again tomorrow although a decent loaf has always eluded me...

image_zpsc1b9b951.jpg

Anyone tried an Asda 'Double Decker Pizza' yet?

The new Double Decker has two layers and there are two flavours to choose from.

The first has a base layer of garlic spread and mozzarella cheese, with a top layer of tomato, mozzarella, chilli beef, pepperoni, red onion and chilli cheese!

The second has a base layer of BBQsauce and cheese, with a top layer of tomato, grated cheese, spicy chicken, bacon, mozzarella slices and sweetcorn.

How have I missed this thread up to now?

Tip for those who like a tek-oot - google "Pizza Vouchers" before ordering, there are sites that list all the current offers and deal codes, and there are some good ones at times.

Pizza can be expensive for fancy cheese on toast, eh?

You can get these cheap at the moment. Very much more like a takeaway pizza than any standard oven variety and only £2.50 :)

089660.jpg

For the price! For the price! Get the sloppy joe, it's better :)

are you seriously telling me its not the usual cardboardy/ doughy frozen fare with a synthetic chemically 'red sauce,' scary bright pink pepperoni/ and tasteless mozerella???:eek: I've seen this product in the supermarket numerous times, and shuddered...

are you seriously telling me its not the usual cardboardy/ doughy frozen fare with a synthetic chemically 'red sauce,' scary bright pink pepperoni/ and tasteless mozerella???:eek: I've seen this product in the supermarket numerous times, and shuddered...

It's inbetween that, and a dominos. Nearer the dominos though. For £2.50. You'll probably hate it :D

As far as frozen pizza goes, it's good. Though dough is only half cooked so it rises in the oven. Bit of a greasy slop fest, but then that's what takeaway pizzas are all about innit? :D

It's inbetween that, and a dominos. Nearer the dominos though. For £2.50. You'll probably hate it :D

As far as frozen pizza goes, it's good. Though dough is only half cooked so it rises in the oven. Bit of a greasy slop fest, but then that's what takeaway pizzas are all about innit? :D

I quite like Dominos - its hardly 'proper' pizza but its edible stodge which i find delicious.

Will definitely try the Chicago Town pizza, and 'revert' :D

Today's effort was a pancetta, roast tomato, red onion and basil offering. It was jolly nice.
The dough failed me a little bit but I think that was because I didn't knead t straight away as I had to go out so I let it prove for a few hours, needed it and then left it an hour before shaping. It was more of a deep pan pizza...
I don't know how I'm ever going I get the thin, crispy, bubbly base I like though :(

image_zps4bcbbc0e.jpg

Yeah , I forgot to take a picture until after I started eating it :D it did taste nicer than it looks...

Back
Top Bottom