Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

WP_20140718_17_21_40_Pro_zpsc518b7e4.jpg

shallots / anchovy / olive / caper

I'm making probably 3 pizzas.

One BBQ chicken with sweetcorn, red onions and peppers
One Pepperoni with mushrooms, red onion, peppers
One Margheritta with fresh basil and baby plum tomatoes

Making my own dough as well. Bit apprehensive...

Excellent work, KillerB.
Now as I think of it, whenever I order a pizza, it only ever has olives and capers and anchovies on it. Anything else seems a bit unnecessary to me.

Last edited:
Excellent work, KillerB.
Now as I think of it, whenever I order a pizza, it only ever has olives and capers and anchovies on it. Anything else seems a bit unnecessary to me.
Bit salty having those and nothing else though, innit? The perfect pizza has a balance of salty and sweet in my opinion, so anchovy, olive etc offset by the sweetness of some onion or peppers.

I bought a pizza stone recently. It is almost too good.

Worth the investment then?

I make pizza a lot, but just use a pizza baking tray - a round thing with holes in.... I normally pre-bake the dough for 5 mins as I find that results in a crispier bottom - but I've been mulling over a pizza stone for some time. Perhaps I should take the plunge?

We usually have pizza on Saturdays but the holidays have messed up our dining routine. So we made some today instead
image_zpsd3373557.jpg

Was very nice. Prosciutto, pesto and tomato. Nom.
My bottom was too big and not firm enough but the texture was fluffy and springy.
It was the first time I used a food processor to make dough and I was pleasantly surprised with the results (but not the washing up). I will need to buy some sort of pizza tray (I don't think I can be trusted with a heated pizza stone as I'll almost certainly burn myself on anything that requires handling while hot).

Lidl 4 cheese pizza (Alfredo)
Drained small tin tuna , small tin anchovies, pack of crayfish tails ......
All in for a fiver

My fav ....
Can have it up to two weeks after the shop

Anyone fancy having a go at this fried version. Sounds tasty!

Deep-fried pizza – just like they make it in Naples

http://gu.com/p/4v7dd

the dry-frying method is the one Dieselbar and others have mentioned, I think. the deep frying one does not appeal to me, sadly :( (it's basically fried dough that you put sauce and cheese on to melt) maybe it's cause the fried dough looks a lot like a carnival treat here which makes me think of that taste of something that's been fried using oil that's not been changed in a long time. tmi? :D

Deep fried pizza was one of the things I looked forward to every time I went to Scotland, I bloody loved them.

Oh I'm sure fired now that my tastebuds have developed, but I'd definitely eat one again just for the memories. They used the cheapest pizzas iirc and they weren't battered.

Just glancing at this thread has led me to bunging a pizza in the oven - should prob put it on ignore before I reach the size of a house. :oops:

This thread is making me hungry! (despite having eaten a chippie earlier :oops:). I'm bungin a pizza in the oven (Goodfellas margarita from the TB, since you asked...:cool:)

Back
Top Bottom