Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

hF90E28D1

We just had pizza. I didn't take pictures.

I didn't get in until 11 this morning then fell asleep so didn't have time to do the sourdough. I've been spoilt, normal dough doesn't come close.

Pizza Amore in North Finchley is good. £11 for a 16" American that has logs of pepperoni and red/yellow peppers. Mmmmm.

do you do the frying pan and grill method fogbat?
Nope - I used to, but it was a faff.

I've had results just as good by preheating the oven at maximum, with a baking tray inside.After rolling out the dough, put it onto a flat, smooth tray or similar, that's been dusted with semolina. Top the pizza, then slide it quickly onto the baking tray in the oven. It takes 4-5 minutes to cook.

How is the sourdough doing in this hotter weather?

I've not had pizza for far too long.

Made a good loaf at the weekend though. I keep my starter in the fridge but it fires up in no time once it's out in this heat. While I was in Glastonbury it all separated with the flour sinking to the bottom with a greyish liquid on top. Stirred it up and though and it worked no problem.

i let my sourdough starter die a month or two ago, so i'm just using yeast atm. results aren't quite as delicious, but i'm not emotionally stable enough to maintain a sourdough atm. :D

I've used it myself, just wondered if you did something different. Just about to mix some ready for tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom