Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

They take ages longer to cook than it says on the instructions. Once you've eaten one half raw in the middle it's hard to want another. :(

They take ages longer to cook than it says on the instructions.

Oetker, oetker, can't you feel I'm burning burning.

(This is so contrived - what with the doctor reference via a lost decade and a lost band - I really ought to go to bed. Or get up.)

Got lazy and went for the Dr. Oetker frozen pizza and must say I am impressed. If not the best frozen pizza I have had it is right up there.

That used to be my favourite frozen pizza. Norwegians are the ultimate frozen pizza connoiseurs, so I should know.

We had pizza in Oslo at Peppes with 2 beers... came to around £40!!!! Still, we had the remainders on the train next morn & they tasted just fine, unlike other leftover pizzas...

I fucking hope they weren't frozen?! Peppe's is decent if very pricey. There are much better pizza places that are probably cheaper, but you'd have to dig a bit around.

TruXta said:
We consume more of the stuff per capita than any other country apparently. I am aware this could also make us the least culinarily inclined nation on the planet.

I did not know this stat. It surprises me. So you think I would be welcome among the flock?

krtek a houby said:
We had pizza in Oslo at Peppes with 2 beers... came to around £40!!!! Still, we had the remainders on the train next morn & they tasted just fine, unlike other leftover pizzas...

Leftover pizza is Darwins own food???

I fucking hope they weren't frozen?! Peppe's is decent if very pricey. There are much better pizza places that are probably cheaper, but you'd have to dig a bit around.

Tbh, we were starving and just gravitated there (1st night and all)... they didn't feel like frozen ones & was the first pizza had in years

TruXta said:
Reminds me I've yet to try the reheating tip I talked about recently. You get around to that yet? In the pan etc.

Not tried yet. The opportunity has not arisen. I will feedback though.

Tbh, we were starving and just gravitated there (1st night and all)... they didn't feel like frozen ones & was the first pizza had in years

Nah, they wouldn't be. It's the oldest pizza chain in Norway, founded by two Americans. So they've got to have been doing something right all these years.

just ate this: christmas ham, mushrooms fried in garlic, olives, two cheeses. i've got pizzas nailed now, i think. could do with a really hot oven, but for a standard domestic oven, i reckon it'd be hard to make 'em much better.

6607702497_b5d6da5def_z.jpg

That looks and sounds ace kb. My new years resolution is to make my own and try to last the year without a takeaway or delivery. Our oven is not the best but the few first attempts have been good :)

Back
Top Bottom