Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

I boycott Dominoes & Papa Johns as round here they have taken to having loads of people out wearing those advertising boards. It all started about 10 months ago when a takeaway Pizza Hut opened about 2 miles from Dominoes. They responded by dotting people on main thouroghfairs trying to entice people in with IIRC any pizza any size for £5. They even had folk out when it was snowing ffs.

A few months back on another main busy road Papa Johns opened & like magic all along this road they postioned folk with these boards on. All of the people I have seen doing this work have been of Asian descent. I did go into Dominoes to complain and was advised 'to go & talk to them & see if they are complaining. They need a job or else they won't eat'.

The people wearing the boards look lifeless & TBH it justs feels like exploitation to me.

The people wearing the boards look lifeless & TBH it justs feels like exploitation to me.
If the people wearing the boards are being taken advantage of - illegal immigrants being paid less than the minimum wage, something like that - then it's definitely exploitation. If they're being employed legally and paid at least the minimum wage, then it's not exploitation, it's just a really shit job.

I don't know the answers re their employment & yes I understand that on a base level it boils down to just being a really shit job. It just feels to me that there is no need to advertise in this way & it doesn't value the person.

Where is the humainty of having people out in all weather (snow, rain, heat) just to advertise pizza?

Domino's is not my first (or second or third) choice pizza but today is Global Domino's Day.

You can get 50% off any pizza today by liking their Facebook page :)

I had much the same dimella yesterday morning. Cold I reckon. Not just for convenience, but you'll otherwise either have to wait for your pizza to heat and dry up in the over, or take the imminent risk of fast cloying chewiness by reheating in the microwave.

I had much the same dimella yesterday morning. Cold I reckon. Not just for convenience, but you'll otherwise either have to wait for your pizza to heat and dry up in the over, or take the imminent risk of fast cloying chewiness by reheating in the microwave.

It is a fucking tightrope isn't it? My usual response is to go for it cold. As you rightly say tarannau the oven can overly dry the slice and ruin a great breakfast. Microwave is a no for me. It can work but if you nuke it for 5 seconds too long the 'fast cloying chewiness' arrives and you may as well through it out :facepalm:

cold for sure, if only for ease of eating. it's also nice to have a slight change of texture and eating experience that cold pizza provides.

As do the people inside most fast food restaurants.
Whys it exploitation exactly? Other than the general working for a corporation speil.
I loved working for Dominos.

All evening driving around listening to r4, the very occasional tip, and I could score in every town and city in a 100 mile radius :thumbs:

Then again, the workforce looks older and less moped-based these days.

It is a fucking tightrope isn't it? My usual response is to go for it cold. As you rightly say tarannau the oven can overly dry the slice and ruin a great breakfast. Microwave is a no for me. It can work but if you nuke it for 5 seconds too long the 'fast cloying chewiness' arrives and you may as well through it out :facepalm:
Toasted sandwich maker, 2 slices sandwiched together. Breakfast of the gods, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom