Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

It canna!

It can and does rise by the time the oven's up to temperature, not as much as for bread but enough for a base. BTW the kitchen here isn't heated. IME you can add the topping before the dough has risen fully. Slightly warmed tomato passata seems to help the base rise a bit faster.

Re TruXta's comment: You mean you can't? Actually the dough (and rolling it out) takes 15 mins or less - the rest of the time can be spent chopping and/or grating the toppings.

You don't roll pizza dough. It squeezes the air out of it. You shape it using various techniques. The most flamboyant being the twirl-around-the-head, which should only be used when tourists are looking on.

You mean you don't - I do and IME it no more squashes the air out than rolling squashes the air out of puff pastry.

I use a fast-action yeast and let the dough rise for 15-20 minutes while the oven heats up and I prep the toppings.

Just try out different methods and see what works for you.

I tried that once thinking "butter & hash works so why not weed & oil." Twas a waste of good oil (and good weed.) I confess that I didn't use Pecorino, but even so it was a terrible disappointment.

Did you gently heat the oil with the weed in it to release the THC? Thats the key when using ganja and oils. Proper activates it. :)

It can and does rise by the time the oven's up to temperature, not as much as for bread but enough for a base. BTW the kitchen here isn't heated. IME you can add the topping before the dough has risen fully. Slightly warmed tomato passata seems to help the base rise a bit faster.

Yeah, ok, but IME you get a much inferior product that way, compared to leaving it overnight in the fridge. Still much better than a ready-made I'd think. Dammit, I'll have to make one soon then, using your philistine ways.

Facking tempting innit? It's still wrong tho, even more wrong than doing a pizza with a pita-bread as the base.

Who the fuck does that tho?
People who haven't got any yeast in the house. It's also mentioned in 2 different cookery books I've got lying around. The result is edible, but heavy, and IMHO not much faster or easier than using a quick yeast dough.

funny-pictures-cat-pays-attention-to-shiny-thing.jpg

God damn you all, I've started making a Speed Pizza now. I'm going to see what it's like with limited rising time.

Make sure you use a fast-action yeast.

Strong flour, unless I've run out of yeast, and then I'll resort to self-raising flour - not authentic, but it rises and it's edible.

I always use strong white flour too. Been trying to source 00 flour but nowhere seems to stock it :confused:

Back
Top Bottom