Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

4001724819608.JPG

Dr Oetker is to be shot :(
So many levels of wrongness - including the whole idea of an Italian style pizza being made in the Netherlands and sold by a German firm. IMHO it's a brand which should've stuck to cakes and desserts.

Dr Oetker originally introduced the joys of baking powder to Germany. The Dr Oetker cookery books are the equivalent to Tante Marie in France or Mrs Beeton in Britain. I have two Dr Oetker cookery books stuffed full of fantastic German recipes eg Bienenstich (bee stings, delicious little cakey things), Schupfnudeln (potato noodles) & Maultaschen (little pockets of spinach served in soup. No pizza in there.

No pizza in there.
......but wait! I've just come across a recipe for a fruit pizza which looks sort of like a very sophisticated open crumble with each little square section surrounded with a crumble topping within which is artfully arranged a different fruit. It looks amazingly good.

......but wait! I've just come across a recipe for a fruit pizza which looks sort of like a very sophisticated open crumble with each little square section surrounded with a crumble topping within which is artfully arranged a different fruit.
Awesome!

You should send Badgers the recipe.

cartoon-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-yes-pizza-poster-AQU24894.jpg

Surely the two go hand in hand? Drugs ON pizza, now were talking. Weed pesto and magic mushrooms.

So many levels of wrongness - including the whole idea of an Italian style pizza being made in the Netherlands and sold by a German firm. IMHO it's a brand which should've stuck to cakes and desserts.

Worse, it's made in Leyland, Lancashire - still a part of the UK afaik, doubtless despite the best efforts of the local potheds.

Magic Mushroom pizza is alleged to be interesting. Apparently very interesting if you are waiting tables in a pizza hut and had one for breakfast. Ideally in a military town. Just something I heard, can't tell you much more than that.

Who orders Margarita pizzas anyway? The same people that drink water I suppose. Weirdos. You get a whole range of various stuff you can pile on your pizza in a multitude of combinations and with it you can have coke, beer, squash, pressed pomegranate juice with tequila and lime with the rim dipped in sugar, ANYTHING YOU LIKE!!!

But no I'll have a Margarita with a glass of water.........

...GET OUT!! :mad:

Proper pizza from Napoli is just Margarita and Marinara, and very thin, all the other toppings, fat bases, stuffed crusts are considered bastardisations.

Er, yes IMHO they are, and for the price of a ready made pizza + extras to tart it up I can do an even better pizza from scratch.

FWIW often, by the time I've checked the ingredients, it's killed my appetite anyway. :(

Er, yes IMHO they are, and for the price of a ready made pizza + extras to tart it up I can do an even better pizza from scratch.

Yeah, but it's not gonna take you all of 15 minutes is it? If it was taste that mattered most I'd never eat ready-made pizzas.

The oven here takes about half an hour to heat up - can do the base and topping while waiting, it's not rocket science :)

Re TruXta's comment: You mean you can't? Actually the dough (and rolling it out) takes 15 mins or less - the rest of the time can be spent chopping and/or grating the toppings.

Back
Top Bottom