Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Hahaha. Yeah definitely. Did you make the pizza?

Maybe he faked it?
I was on the oven so it would have been someone else who prepped the dough without spotting the bit of glass.
It would have got on there in the wash up area when someone broke a glass.
I think the manager did try to say the customer had faked it (this was 30 years ago so I don't really remember all the details) but I don't think he did. It was real blood coming out of his mouth.
It was so busy I can understand how it happened. No excuses though, it shouldn't have.
It didn't seem to effect business.

We have been there several times now. At the moment it's a one off but they are branching out. Friendly l, reliable good pizzas.

We are going to the Lavender Hill one on Monday night after going to see the light festival art walk thingy at Battersea Power Station.
Can't wait, will try to get pics before scoffage.

We are going to the Lavender Hill one on Monday night after going to see the light festival art walk thingy at Battersea Power Station.
Can't wait, will try to get pics before scoffage.
It's a small trek from the power station, enjoy.

Oh I forgot to post my photos from there!

I took a photo of mine, but for some reason I cannot find it on my phone, it was the Capricciosa (ham, artichoke, olives, mushrooms) though and was delicious.

N had the Napolitana (anchovies, capers, olives) followed by the Vegetariana (mushrooms, peppers etc.). I still can't believe that he managed to put away 2 pizzas, they are fairly big ones. He was struggling a bit towards the end but somehow still ate both.

IMG_20240219_190812_289.jpg
IMG_20240219_194558_168.jpg

(He said they were both excellent, but the Napolitana was his favourite)

Last edited:
Those look great!

Not taking N out for a pizza again because it turns into what ought to be a meal for 3 even though there's only 2 of us, we're on a budget :hmm:

Burrata makes me uncomfortable. The oozy middle. It’s upsetting. It triggers a disgust response in me, a bit like a cross between trypophobia and a gag reflex.
It's like that urban myth of KFC chicken nuggets and the mayonnaise that's not mayonnaise but a pus-filled disgusting thing in the chicken 🤮.

Back
Top Bottom