Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

It’s the best pizza.
Only when it's made by the best people, though. Those other things that are called pizzas, that come out of commercial conveyor ovens, aren't very nice as plain margherita because the plainness lets you taste how crap the raw ingredients are. Needs pineapple and peppers and chicken.

Commercial pizzas are still nice. They're just not Neapolitan style and that's okay.

It's not salami, I take it.
That’s not it.
I don't know about pepperoni wars. Why are you against it?
I think it annoys me that it’s such a default. When margherita should be the default. Quite often if there’s only one type of pizza, it’ll be pepperoni. If I’m in the local coop looking for a supermarket pizza because I’m feeling lazy, so many times there’s a variety of pepperonis of every brand, but no margherita. It’s irritating. So I take it out on people who like them. Smokers, probably, with tar coated tongues.

Commercial pizzas are still nice. They're just not Neapolitan style and that's okay.
I’m fine with commercial pizzas. There are days when I want a “non authentic” pizza. I’m not someone who thinks every pizza must be authentic and cooked in a wood fired oven. I like those, but I sometimes want something else. I live in Glasgow, ffs! I even had and enjoyed pizza crunch!

Frozen supermarket pizza prices have started coming down now after rising sharply over the last couple of years - which is great!
I feel like they are something I can afford again, and they are handy to have in for when I don't fancy cooking.

Used to work at Pizza hut. It was alright. No horror stories. My manager was awful but you know.
We must have worked at the same one.
I lasted about a week.
One horror story when a bit of broken glass ended up in someone's pizza (I think it must have been on the baking tray) and a very dissatisfied customer with blood coming out of his mouth let his displeasure be known to everyone in there.

We must have worked at the same one.
I lasted about a week.
One horror story when a bit of broken glass ended up in someone's pizza (I think it must have been on the baking tray) and a very dissatisfied customer with blood coming out of his mouth let his displeasure be known to everyone in there.
Fucking hell. We didn't have anything like that! Did he get free pizza for life?

Back
Top Bottom