Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

So I'm quite enjoying these at the moment. Obviously not as good as straight from a wood fired oven, but not bad for frozen, especially as they are only £2.29!

View attachment 420514
Is that the Iceland one? There are a number of "Stone-baked, made in Italy" ones in various supermarkets with different boxes now. They all seem to come from the same factory, but I wouldn't complain because they're all really quite good for the price. Almost as nice as the Crosta & Mollica ones that are nearly twice as dear.

Is that the Iceland one? There are a number of "Stone-baked, made in Italy" ones in various supermarkets with different boxes now. They all seem to come from the same factory, but I wouldn't complain because they're all really quite good for the price. Almost as nice as the Crosta & Mollica ones that are nearly twice as dear.

Is it bad that I spend so much in Aldi that I just assume everyone else will know the packaging?

Lidl is closer than Aldi, so I tend to stick with that. Though I also have the perception that Aldi steadfastly refuses to change for local tastes and still looks like it did 20 years ago, while Lidl has adapted somewhat. Which means Lidl triggers my OCD a little bit less than Aldi does. It's not quite the same jumbled mess, though obviously more chaotic than Waitrose.

Maybe it's familiarity? I know all the Aldi stuff really well, and their stores normally have a similar layout. I tend to avoid Lidl as I always seem to end up waiting far longer then Aldi. Fewer checkout open and when a huge line forms, they don't seem to be in a rush to open more.

A visit to crust brothers in the prince at Earls Court. The beer was all fizz and this time there were just about 8 pizzas on the menu. Still good though.
IMG_20240429_172429_1.jpgIMG_20240429_172239_1.jpg

Reactions: Chz
Got a flyer from those inedible pizza floggers, Dominos. It went straight into the recycling but not before I noticed they’re selling lasagne and carbonara pizzas. FFS! Papa Italia must be turning in his grave

I've just had a cracking good pizza, courtesy of deliveroo, with 2 bottles of beer and some ice cream still in the freezer.

I thought about this thread mid scoff, so no photo, sorry. I was in a hurry to shovel it down. It's been one of those days.

I can show you the empty box if that would help?

Wondering what danny la rouge will make of this. Yesterday we went to Safari's in Haywards Heath. A small independent with a wood fired oven. The staff were great, it had a wood fired pizza oven and sold my favourite wine by the glass, Bolney Bacchus. Top marks.
This was chorizo with goats cheese and spicey honey.
1000032687.jpg
1000032689.jpg
This was my desert, cholocale calzone. It was the pizza version of a proffitero roll.1000032690.jpg

Back
Top Bottom