Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

That's a prohibitively expensive amount of anchovies and olives :D
Not keen on anchovies (in sauces when broken up is fine, but not whole) but I would certainly appreciate the olives.
OH would be in heaven with that, he likes both.

Anchovies are wonderful, especially on pizza.

Olives are wonderful pretty much everywhere.

If you love them, you're supposed to love capers. God knows I've tried. But I don't get it.

Anchovies are wonderful, especially on pizza.

Olives are wonderful pretty much everywhere.

If you love them, you're supposed to love capers. God knows I've tried. But I don't get it.
Capers are great! Little vinegary bursts of salt and sour. Wonderful to liven up a marinara. A puttanesca can easily go vegan and omit the anchovies, but you can’t omit the capers.

Capers are great! Little vinegary bursts of salt and sour. Wonderful to liven up a marinara. A puttanesca can easily go vegan and omit the anchovies, but you can’t omit the capers.

Dash of Henderson's (which is a tamarind sauce) is an excellent vegan substitute for anchovies in a sauce, gives the same sort of umami.
But yeah I love a puttanesca - all the salty goodness of the olives and capers

Someone seems to have put custard on it (might go with the rhubarb sauce on pizza that someone mentioned ages ago :D )
I had rhubarb and goats cheese pizza and it was as good as they get. That could be squirty cheese :eek:
I like the look of yours? (one on the left) a lot. The one on the right, now see I love olives on a pizza, and they look like good olives too. But the clusters of them I find slightly disturbing for Reasons.
I agree. I mentioned to Mrs Tag at the time little thought was given to the addition of olives and tomatoes.
It was another first time visit for us. It was a very plain simple place with a very limited menu, which we approve of, BUT, it
limits Mrs Tags options quite a lot. The chilli oil in the background of mine was hot!
very good pizzas, would go again.

I still can't get over learning that people use cutlery to eat pizzas. Very la-di-da.
Of course that’s what to do. I also use cutlery to eat burgers. And chippie teas. If I’m in a restaurant or at home. Obviously if you’re sitting on the harbour wall eating a takeaway, that’s different.

But it’s just a matter of convenience. It’s easier to do.

Back
Top Bottom