Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Thought I'd treat myself to one of the posh pizzas in Aldi which claim they are soughdough wood fired. Picked up the wrong one. Got home to find I had the Hoisin Pork.

It totally confirmed my suspension that Hoisin does not belong on pizza. Honestly. I'd rather have pineapple. :(

Last edited:
It's worse than pineapple and is one of those things to be done at home, behind closed doors like BDSM, or is it.
Nowt wrong with baked beans or pineapple (or baked beans and pineapple) on pizza if that's what someone wants. Everyone has the right to the pizza of their dreams. :thumbs:

Again, each unto their own, hater. :p

zp69ngic9fk41.jpg

Nowt wrong with baked beans or pineapple (or baked beans and pineapple) on pizza if that's what someone wants. Everyone has the right to the pizza of their dreams. :thumbs:
I loved those things, I don't even usually eat beans now or even pizza but I will be buying one. Then probably making an extremely long and convoluted plan to build a pizza oven, Then wondering how I broke a pasta machine...

It is with great pleasure that I can announce that, with the arrival of the new cooker, Mrs D has begun making pizzas again.

We have a reliable source of 00 and 000 flour, so not only is pizza back on the menu but I shall be restarting pasta making.

We had a scratch made pizza base, with tomato, herbs, garlic, cheese (I shall be making mozzarella soon) anchovies and black olives, last weekend. My only sadness is that I'll no longer be able to cure my own olives.

It is with great pleasure that I can announce that, with the arrival of the new cooker, Mrs D has begun making pizzas again.

We have a reliable source of 00 and 000 flour, so not only is pizza back on the menu but I shall be restarting pasta making.

We had a scratch made pizza base, with tomato, herbs, garlic, cheese (I shall be making mozzarella soon) anchovies and black olives, last weekend. My only sadness is that I'll no longer be able to cure my own olives.
000 flour? where?

I’ll ask her. (We’re near Edinburgh)
Ah, could be an issue as I'm in Cornwall lol. Never even heard of 000 being a thing you could get, now I want to make pizza just to see how it goes with that flour and I was waiting for an opportunity to try making Mozzarella too plus the cast iron pan pizza method, pizza stone was less effective than I hoped.

Ah, could be an issue as I'm in Cornwall lol. Never even heard of 000 being a thing you could get, now I want to make pizza just to see how it goes with that flour and I was waiting for an opportunity to try making Mozzarella too plus the cast iron pan pizza method, pizza stone was less effective than I hoped.
I've a mozzarella making kit. It's very simple. I got it on amazon.

If you have an Eastern European run supermarket/grocery shop, try there - it's a staple ingredient of a particular type of popular Romanian cake (Cozonac), it's very fine and is whisked into the liquid ingredients when making that particular recipe. (I made one during the flour shortages of early 2020, it was the only flour I could lay my hands on!)

Back
Top Bottom