Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

A. I just couldn't do it.
B. I'm waiting for a large dinner on a train.
Has anyone tried one?
The ones installed look to mostly in the SE of England so you could make a pilgrimage and report back. There's one in Bristol, Southampton and Glasgow too it seems.

Don't knock it until you've tried it and all that. ;)

Aye the distribution of toppings is a bit haphazard, but it looks good regardless.

I think you won again this time hash tag , your pizza looks better than the other.

I don't have photos of the pizza, but I want to report that the pizza wasn't delivery pizza as I'd expected, it was all made on the spot in a really cool pizza oven.

They were small pizzas coming out of the oven one after another in quick succession and then cut into slices for people to help themselves, hence no photos of the pizzas - but I had a bit of cheese and tomato pizza, some slices with goats cheese olives and capers (salty and delicious) and some slices with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. The pizza dough was all hand made too (already proved ready in portions for small pizza bases, must have been about 40 or so pizzas made) it was fucking fantastic.

I don't have any pictures of pizzas, but I do have one of the pizza oven :D Yes it does look a bit like a cross between something out of Metropolis and an Easter Island statue!

20221007_214140.jpg

They both look decent, as does the bowl of veggies that I can see peeking in from the edge of the top photo!

I am a bit disturbed that the top one appears to have 1 slice of black olive on it though, it looks like it's escaped from someone else's meal.

They both look decent, as does the bowl of veggies that I can see peeking in from the edge of the top photo!

I am a bit disturbed that the top one appears to have 1 slice of black olive on it though, it looks like it's escaped from someone else's meal.
Green chilli.

Possibly an odd request but anyone know of an air frier that can do a frozen pizza? Have an Instant pot which works for a lot of things but not this and an adult kid who cooks these on occasion. Looking for a large one to stop using the oven entirely if possible. Saw duel drawer ones which work great for larger portions but won't fit a pizza for example.

Possibly an odd request but anyone know of an air frier that can do a frozen pizza? Have an Instant pot which works for a lot of things but not this and an adult kid who cooks these on occasion. Looking for a large one to stop using the oven entirely if possible. Saw duel drawer ones which work great for larger portions but won't fit a pizza for example.
I think when it was raised on air fryer threads, the conclusion was:

A) a small pizza
B) pizza origami
C) calzone
Or
D) no

I think when it was raised on air fryer threads, the conclusion was:

A) a small pizza
B) pizza origami
C) calzone
Or
D) no
Great that saves me a lot of time looking, annoying sure but better than messing about looking for one. I did have an electric pizza cooker before that was like a round sandwich toaster but Idk where it went and it came from a charity shop so who knows where I would find one now.
D). No. Pizzas should only be cooked in a wood fired oven.
Agreed, I even have access to a fair bit of Sycamore and some Oak. Lacking the entire oven however.

Great that saves me a lot of time looking, annoying sure but better than messing about looking for one. I did have an electric pizza cooker before that was like a round sandwich toaster but Idk where it went and it came from a charity shop so who knows where I would find one now.

Agreed, I even have access to a fair bit of Sycamore and some Oak. Lacking the entire oven however.

Get a big frying pan with a lid and you can (allegedly) heat frozen pizza on the hob, better in terms of energy than heating the oven.

Get a big frying pan with a lid and you can (allegedly) heat frozen pizza on the hob, better in terms of energy than heating the oven.
I've certainly used a pre heated cast iron then under a grill on full for fresh pizza but not tried it for frozen. Main problem being its likely to be the 20 year old doing it, I like my pan and I'm not a big fan of fires lol

Back
Top Bottom