Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pink Floyd. Why?

Love this. Syd's solo stuff is obviously miles away from the immense creatively he showed on Piper but I tend to think of a lot of his solo stuff as demos. If he displayed that much genius in his first album god knows what brilliance he have progressed to if he had not lost himself.

Been listening to The Final Cut quite a bit lately, having previously not rated it much. Have to say it’s grown on me following a few listens. I still don’t care much for it’s predecessor, The Wall though.

Feels like the trick with Pink Floyd is to not compare one album to another as not only were there very distinct phases of the band as the member with most influence changes, but even within these phases they produce very different sounds from each album.

I like Dark Side and regularly listen to it. I even like some of Waters solo stuff, but, Dark Side redux, WTF.
It sounds a bit like Richard Burton reading Milk Wood set to mellow jazz.
I've heard a bit and it's really more than enough.
If I want an alternative Dark Side, I'll happily listen to Dub Side by Easy All-stars.

Just watched a recoding - just the last part - of a gig from 1988, on [I think] Sky Arts.

New cat didn't like the electronic twiddly bits between two of the main numbers ...

If only Jodrell Bank were not so far away .

Seen this hash tag - Saturday 30th December

Back
Top Bottom