Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

The Peckham Town league run-in and an away friendly that has been fixed up with some other Southwark team.... None of the remaining games clash with DHFC, so come and join the Menace Ultras at the Arena.

CDS_t0eWIAAw17u.jpg

Wednesday 6th May...Surrey Senior Cup final at Woking: Merstham are in it. With a number of ex-Hamlet players in their line-up.

Clearly NOT a 'Menace Ultra' as I will be at Kingfield.

Of course - but a lot of people reading that piece on Buzz won't know that, so its worth underlining the fact.
That is true of course, but as most people on here won't have been to Peckham Town, but will have been to Champion Hill...and thus it seems like it's a special end of season offer, which it isn't.

That is true of course, but as most people on here won't have been to Peckham Town, but will have been to Champion Hill...and thus it seems like it's a special end of season offer, which it isn't.
I think the article makes that clear, to be honest. Be a bit weird to have a free charity match.

Sorry, wasn't referring to the charity game, just the comment on Peckham Town games being free.

Right just to re-wind...mistake on my part...I didn't realise that your mention of the game being free was a link to an article on the main site, I thought it was just a comment on here aimed at Hamlet fans, hence my moaning. So a bit of a misunderstanding from me...apologies.

With regard to any pricing for the charity game on Sunday March 10th...this was mentioned on the official Dulwich Hamlet website three days before you published your one on the Buzz:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/charity-begins-at-home-1419195.html

The Luxury Fan attended last night's Peckham game and summed it up very well here. Another win for the Menace. One point behind the leaders with two games to go for all three teams at the top. Need a favour from Phoenix Sports to take a point off Halstead...

Some photos, and hopefully more to come from editor on Brixton Buzz...

The Luxury Fan
CDtlE3rWMAA1l-S.jpg

Menace Ultras
CDsuCLVWgAE2jst.jpg

Bryan Hall and Peckham's trophy haul
CDyVm4KVEAERZ5g.jpg

I walked blooming miles to the ground and was met by a group of 'ardcore Hamlet fans only to learn that they game had been called off because the other team couldn't muster enough players. :facepalm:

I walked blooming miles to the ground and was met by a group of 'ardcore Hamlet fans only to learn that they game had been called off because the other team couldn't muster enough players. :facepalm:

And we think the football's disorganised at our level! Keep the faith Mike as I would assume this means the game was awarded to Peckham and the title is still within their grasp ahead of next Wednesday's game.

And we think the football's disorganised at our level! Keep the faith Mike as I would assume this means the game was awarded to Peckham and the title is still within their grasp ahead of next Wednesday's game.
I chatted to Brian and the deal is that they can only go up as champions - they're disqualified from the play offs because of their pitch being dug up.

So Wednesday is THE BIG ONE.

I went down at about three fifteen and wondered what was going on, texted Duncan and he told me what had happened.

I chatted to Brian and the deal is that they can only go up as champions - they're disqualified from the play offs because of their pitch being dug up.

So Wednesday is THE BIG ONE.

Seems a bizarre ruling but still a million miles clearer than whatever will happen in the Ryman Premier! Good to know they can still go up and hopefully given the lack of football seen my most Dulwich fans recently there will be a decent turn out. Can't wait!

Apparently Belvedere had five players call in this morning with unexpected work commitments.
What a load of bollocks. One of the club officials spoke to a few of us, and whilst Peckham get the three points by default they've missed the chance to boost their goal difference in what could be a really tight three way finish for the championship, should they win their final match and one other result goes in their favour, which I think is between the other two contenders.

This is often the case at the low level/bottom of the pyramid that Peckham Town compete in. It is the proverbial million light years away from the game at our level. And late cry off/no shows are relatively common each & every season at this level up & down the country.

I hope to be there Wednesday, I'm looking forward to everyone buying me a pint in respect of Chelsea's Premiership Title.

Thanks in advance

XX

Back
Top Bottom