Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Peckham Town FC - news and discussion

CCFJ4u3WEAAlodT.jpg:large

The main pitch was dug up months ago. When I went to a game in November it was played on the second pitch (furthest from the entrance) which was already quite heavy at that time, hence all their games were postponed due to waterlogging for quite a long spell.

I quite fancy tomorrow night.

Excellent. See you there tomorrow. Anyone else?

Shame....if you publicised in advance, put a quid on the cover...it would encourage some of the groundhoppers, as well as local non-league fans like our own, to attend and buy one, thus going a fair way to helping cover the fees of the match officials & doing something really practical for them.

Not that i'm criticising mind, I appreciate the time it takes to even try to produce a basic effort.

its going to be pretty dark by the final whistle :D
That's the gamble with the 'silly season'.

Early kick offs...will it be overcast? Will they kick off on time?
Half-time can be shortened. The referee can knock a certain amount of time off a half.

('Silly season' is a term used by some of the groundhopping fraternity.It indicates early midweek kick-offs at the start and end of a season, when low level clubs, as in Step Seven & below generally, have midweek games, as later daylight finishes allow, when they do not play at floodlit venues)

it was pretty clear last night at just gone 8pm but still pretty dark out there, so even if it all goes to plan....

gutted to have missed this ~ only just got home ~ next time peeps ~ well up for the odd peckham games so hope to see this thread bumped in the future :cool:

Just read the report on Kentish Football:

Williams picked the ball up out on the left and cut inside the darkened penalty area before drilling his low right-footed drive into the bottom near corner causing a ripple of applause from behind the goal.

A ripple of applause? How dare he play down the ecstatic celebrations of the Rabble tourist chapter. pompeydunc was jumping around with an air horn!

The Long Lane manager, Richard Edwin, saw it slightly more accurately:

It was quite a nice rowdy crowd and that’s what we need.

If the rowdiness is a reference to Dulwich contingent then sorry to disappoint you Richard but we weren't there for you.

I also see that Peckham had a player called Sulyman Bah. Did he play for Dulwich at some point?

Just read the report on Kentish Football:

Williams picked the ball up out on the left and cut inside the darkened penalty area before drilling his low right-footed drive into the bottom near corner causing a ripple of applause from behind the goal.

A ripple of applause? How dare he play down the ecstatic celebrations of the Rabble tourist chapter. pompeydunc was jumping around with an air horn!

The Long Lane manager, Richard Edwin, saw it slightly more accurately:

It was quite a nice rowdy crowd and that’s what we need.

If the rowdiness is a reference to Dulwich contingent then sorry to disappoint you Richard but we weren't there for you.

I also see that Peckham had a player called Sulyman Bah. Did he play for Dulwich at some point?

A feisty south-east London DERBY apparently as well? Everyone knows this game is not a derby FFS!

Yes, not sure if that's the correct spelling, as his first name was spelt differently in our programmes, but it's the same bloke. Had two spells with Hamlet, playing some pre-seasons and one or two minor cup ties.

The insatiable journalist from Kentishfootball has written another article following an interview with founder Brian Hall and the manager last night. Brian mentioned us...legend...

http://kentishfootball.co.uk/news/peckhamambitions100415

There was a large following of Dulwich Hamlet supporters at last night’s game and Hall appreciates the support from their highly-successful Ryman Premier League neighbours.

“We’re always getting support from Dulwich Hamlet,” said Hall.

“If you see tonight there was loads of people from Dulwich watching us when they haven’t got games they come up and they’re really supportive of the club.

The insatiable journalist from Kentishfootball has written another article following an interview with founder Brian Hall and the manager last night. Brian mentioned us...legend...

http://kentishfootball.co.uk/news/peckhamambitions100415

There was a large following of Dulwich Hamlet supporters at last night’s game and Hall appreciates the support from their highly-successful Ryman Premier League neighbours.

“We’re always getting support from Dulwich Hamlet,” said Hall.

“If you see tonight there was loads of people from Dulwich watching us when they haven’t got games they come up and they’re really supportive of the club.

Was your polite clapping in favour of any wartorn countries?

Back
Top Bottom